Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Rockpile - 1980-11-26 - The Ritz, NY (FM)

Rockpile
1980-11-26
The Ritz
New York, NY
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. KBFH Intro
02. Play That Fast Thing
03. So It Goes
04. Teacher, Teacher
05. Cry, Cry, Cry
06. Knife And Fork
07. Oh, What A Thrill
08. Pet You Hold
09. Girls Talk
10. Singing The Blues
11. They Call It Rock
12. Crawling From The Wreckage
13. I Hear You Knockin'
14. I Knew The Bride
15. Down Down Down
16. KBFH Outro


I saw Rockpile in July 1979, at Belmont Park Racetrack as part of a double bill with Blondie. Needless to say, the contrast between the regular track crowd, many cigar smoking, Oscar Madison types, and the new wavers in attendance for the concert was quite a site to behold,  Rockpile opened their set that day with the hoghly appropriate The Race Is On. I've also seen Nick Lowe solo, leading in for Tom Petty at the Byrne Arena in April 1983.  This FM Broadcast captures Rockpile just a about a year after I saw them live, at the Ritz in New York on November 26, 1980, 39 years ago today.






3 comments:

La Piazza Gancio said...

Please accept my belated thanks. Their 1980 tour is tragically underrepresented.

speedymjb said...

You are very welcome my good friend! Enjoy!

Mike said...

Hi. Could you please re-up this album when convenient? Thanks very much.

Post a Comment