Lone Justice
1986-11-29
Park West,
Chicago IL
WXRT FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. You Are The Light
02. He's Working Late
03. Wait Til' We Get Home
04. Sweet Sweet Baby
05. This World Is Not My Home
06. Ways To Be Wicked
07. Shelter
08. I Found Love
09. East of Eden
10. Little Bit of Heaven
11. Soap, Soup & Salvation
12. Belfry
Ok, I admit it, I'd never seen Lone Justice live. But I have seem the voice that powered the band, Maria McKee, during her first solo tour, leading in for Neil Young at the Palladium on September 6, 1989. The tune Shelter, from the album of the same name, has every quality of a number 1 single, yet it barely cracked the top 40. In any event, her's Maria and Lone Justice about 3 years before I saw here solo, in Chicago on November 29, 1986, 33 years ago today. And yes, they play Shleter!



2 comments:
I was lucky enough to witness LJ around this time.
They opened for U2 on their Joshua Tree Tour, U2 being the hottest band in the world at the time.
When the show started, a young girl walked out with four scruffy looking guys.
Of course, the crowd, who were there to see U2, gave them a chilly reception.
That was until they began to play.
To make a long story short, they tore the place up.
After they finished their 45 minutes, the crowd wouldn't let them go. Bono came out on stage to ask if we wanted an encore. We did, and LJ obliged. One of the few times I've seen that with an opening band.
That was my intro to Maria McKee. I've been a fan ever since.
San Francisco. The I-Beam. Circa 1983? I remember talking with the bass player in the bathroom.
Post a Comment