Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Bangles - 1984-11-23 - New York, NY (TV Audio)

The Bangles
1984-11-23
David Letterman Show
NBC Studios
New York, NY
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Video Link Below

01. Hero Takes The Fall
02. Going Down To Livepoool


The only time I saw the Bangles was at Pier 84 in New York in August 1986, at the height of their success. Their album, Different Light, went to #2 on the Billboard charts that year, yielding 4 top 40 singles - If She Knew What She Wants at #29, Walking Down Your Street at #11, Manic Monday at #2 and Walk Like an Egyptian which climbed all the way to the top spot.  This TV audio broadcast captures The Bangles 2 years earlier, on the David Letterman Show on November 23, 1984, 35 years ago today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I was at the Pier 84 show also. I believe the opening act was the fantastic Hoodoo Gurus unless I’m mixing this with any other show.

Jackson said...

Thanks for this! Love captures from Dave's show.

Post a Comment