Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, November 15, 2019

The Ramones - 1987-11-15 - Sheffield UK (FM)

The Ramones
1987-11-15
The Octagon Centre
Sheffield UK
FM broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. DJ
02. Psycho Therapy
03. Blitzkrieg Bop
04. Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio?
05. Bop Till You Drop
06. Chinese Rocks
07. Weasel Face
08. Rockaway Beach
09. Garden of Serenity
10. Loud Mouth
11. Pinhead
12. I Wanna Live
13. Somebody Put Something In My Drink
14. Bonzo Goes To Bitburg
15. DJ
The Ramones - 1987-11-15 - Sheffield UK (FM)

The one and only time I saw the Ramones, in July 1981, was at perhaps the dingiest, dirtiest and tiniest club I ever ventured into, the aptly named Hole In The Wall in Rochelle Park, NJ. The place was normally a a biker bar but on Saturday nights in the 1980s, they featured punk and new wave music. The band set up right on the dance floor, since the bar had no stage, and the ceiling was so low that Joey Ramone almost hit his head on one of the spotlights. We were so close to the band that I’m sure they noticed when one of my buddies, having had one too many beers, attempted to throw up in the trash can, but missed and almost hit a speaker, This FM broadcast captures The Ramones a few years after  I saw them, in England on November 15, 1987, 32 years ago today.





8 comments:

Big Ian said...

Just wondering if you could repeost this, i've downloaded it twice and all that appears is static, I downloaded the police and u2 just in case it was at my end but they play fine, thanks in advance

speedymjb said...

New link is up - hope this one works for you

Anonymous said...

new link is bad. still get static

speedymjb said...

Sorry but just tested it on Chrome and Firefox and its working fine

Anonymous said...

I just tried it on Chrome & it isn't working :( :(

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy

DLA said...

Could you please re-up some of these Ramone's boots? Many thanks for all of the great things you do on this site--and that's not meant to be patronizing, I truly appreciate the work you do here..

speedymjb said...

New link is up for this one - pick another show or two you wnat, put a requets in the commets under it, and i'll getto them next week

Post a Comment