The Clash
1982-11-27
Jamaica World Music Festival
Bob Marley Performing Arts Center
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. London Calling
02. Police On My Back
03. The Guns Of Brixton
04. The Magnificent Seven
05. Armagideon Time
06. The Magnificent Seven (Reprise)
07. Junco Partner
08. Spanish Bombs
09. One More Time
10. Train In Vain
11. Bankrobber
12. Radio Clash
13. Clampdown
14. Should I Stay Or Should I Go
15. Rock The Casbah
16. Straight To Hell
17. I Fought The Law (missing)
I saw The Clash once in August 1982, a concert I've discussed on numeorus occasions on this blog since I almost missed it! The whole story is also in my book. In any event, 1982 turned out to be a star crossed year for the Clash. On one hand, the band achieved a new level of commercial success with the singles Rock The Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go. In addition, they received rave reviews for their live shows as the lead-in band for The Who’s “farewell tour”, during which they often times over shadowed the rock veterans. On the other hand, tensions between the band members had the band on the brink of destruction. They would go over the edge in 1983, when Mick Jones left the band, or was fired, depending on what account you read. Download this soundboard recording from the Wold Music festival on November 27, 1982, 41 years ago today to hear one of the last shows from “the only band that matters”.

5 comments:
Thanks Speedy. It's great to finally have this show at a consistant bitrate, not to mention with the complete setlist. Looking forward to listening to this - and jettisoning the three other versions I have.
Talking Heads, along with The B-52's and Gladys Knight & The Pips were at this fest, too (hint hint :)
Seems to be at 160Kbs. Would you have a 320Kbs version available?
Thx.
Sorry - this is the only copy I have.
This was a huge festival which also included The Beach Boys, Toots & The Maytals, Bob Weir, Aretha Franklin, and other superstars. It has floated online for years and surprised no one has released a full set of the festival.
I got to see The Clash in 1982 as well, opening for The Who in Seattle (10/20/82). There were a lot of Clash fans there that left when they were done, but I thought they both were great. Fortunately I have the audio and video of The Who from that show, but have never seen The Clash from that particular date. Thanks, G.
Post a Comment