Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Los Lobos - 1989-11-26 - Watsonville, CA (SBD)

Los Lobos
1989-11-26
Watsonville High School Football Field 
Watsonville, CA 
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Anselma 
02. I'm Gonna Be a Wheel Someday 
03. Georgia Slop 
04. Will the Wolf Survive? 
05. Evangeline 
06. My Baby's Gone 
07. Someday 
08. Let's Say Goodnight 
09. Pledge Break (over Ay Te Dejo En San Antonio)
10. Volver, Volver 
11. I Got Loaded 
12. Don't Worry Baby 
13. La Bamba


I've seen Los Lobos live twice, on back to back nights in July 1989 as the lead in band for the Grateful Dead at Giants Stadium. Incredibly, the band did not join the Dead on stage either night, but the Neville Brothers sat in during Iko Iko on night 2!

This soundboard recording captures Los Lobos just a few months after I saw them live, playing a benefit concert to raise funds to help the victims of the San Francisco earthquake, in Watsonville, on November 26, 1989, 34 years ago today.





0 comments:

Post a Comment