Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Police - 1980-11-29 - Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ (SBD)

The Police
1980-11-29
Capitol Theatre
Passaic, NJ
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Inlcluded

01. Voices Inside My Head
02. Don't Stand So Close To Me 
03. Walking On The Moon 
04. Deathwish 
05. Fall Out 
06. Man In A Suitcase 
07. Bring On The Night 
08. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da 
09. Truth Hits Everybody 
10. Shadows In The Rain 
11. When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What's Still Around 
12. The Bed's Too Big Without You 
13. Driven to Tears
14. Message In A Bottle 
15. Roxanne 
16. crowd noise 
17. Can't Stand Losing You 
18. crowd noise 
19. Next To You
20. So Lonely 
21. crowd noise 


I saw The Police just once, in January 1982, at Madison Square Garden, but what a historic show it was. The Go Gos, who opened, had the number 1 album on the Billboard charts at the time. The Police, who headlined, had the #2 album on those charts! New Wave had arrived, commanding the charts and selling out "The World's Most Famous Arena."

This soundboard recrding captures The Police a little over 2 years earlier, at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, on November 29, 1980, 43 years ago today.








2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for this speedy! I wish I'd seen the Police in concert, especially when they regrouped in 2007 because I love that tour.

Gman said...

I wish I had seen them back in the 80's, but going to school in Walla Walla and home only for breaks meant that I missed a lot of opportunities to see a lot of bands in the 80's. I did finally get to seem them in 2008 though, when they came through Vegas!

Post a Comment