Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Neville Brothers - 1986-11-04 - Tokyo, Japan (FM)

Neville Brothers
1986-11-04
Shibuya Live Inn
Tokyo, Japan
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Include

01. New Suit
02. Tell It Like It Is
03. Brother John >
04. Iko Iko >
05. Do You Wanna Dance >
06. Banana Boat Song >
07. Down At Tipitina's
08. Fiyo On The Bayou
09. Johnny B. Goode >
10. Boney Maroney
11. Amazing Grace >
12. Down By The Riverside >
13. Amen


I only have seen the Neville Brothers live in concert on one occasion - on July 10, 1989 when they sat in during the 2nd set with the Grateful Dead!  My seats were so far away from the stage that I initially thought the folks who joined the Dead on stage that night were Los Lobos, who had led in. Only when I read the concert review in the paper the next day did I learn it was the Nevilles!

This FM broadcast captures the Nevilles about a year before I saw them,,in Tokyo on November 4, 1986.




1 comments:

Jim said...

That's a funny story! Thanks, Speedy!

Post a Comment