The Ramones
1977-11-14
Four Acres
Utica, NY
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Rockaway Beach
02. Teenage Lobotomy
03. Blitzkrieg Bop
04. I Remember You
05. Glad To See You Go
06. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
07. You're Gonna Kill That Girl
08. 53rd & 3rd
09. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
10. I Can't Give You Anything
11. Let's Dance
12. Here Today Gone Tomorrow
13. Surfin' Bird
14. Cretin Hop
15. Listen To My Heart
16. California Sun
17. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
18. Pinhead
The one and only time I saw the Ramones, in July 1981, was at perhaps the dingiest, dirtiest and tiniest club I ever ventured into, the aptly named Hole In The Wall in Rochelle Park, NJ. The place was normally a a biker bar but on Saturday nights in the 1980s, they featured punk and new wave music. The band set up right on the dance floor, since the bar had no stage, and the ceiling was so low that Joey Ramone almost hit his head on one of the spotlights. We were so close to the band that I’m sure they noticed when one of my buddies, having had 1 too many beers, attempted to throw up in the trash can, but missed and almost hit a speaker, Is it any wonder, then, that rule #5 in my book is titled "Rock Concerts Are Rarely Played At A Venue Meant For Music",.
In any event, this FM broadcast captures The Ramones a few years beofe I saw them on November 14, 1977, 46 years ago today!



0 comments:
Post a Comment