Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Marshall Crenshaw - 1996-11-14 - San Francisco, CA (SBD)

Marshall Crenshaw
1996-11-14
Slim's 
San Francisco, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. intro
02. 2541
03. Fantastic Planet Of Love
04. Whenever You're On My Mind
05. Laughter
06. Only An Hour Ago
07. Cynical Girl
08. What Do You Dream Of?
09. Vague Memory
10. Someday Someway
11. Better Back Off
12. Seven Miles An Hour
13. Wanda & Duane
14. Somewhere Down The Line
15. Starless Summer Sky
16. My Favorite Waste Of Time
17. crowd + banter
18. There And Back Again
19. Tonight
20. Mary Ann


Those of you have been long time visitors to So Many Roads know that Marshall Crenshaw is one of my favorite rockers, a musician whose talents, unfortunately, have simply never been appreciated by the masses. Famed critic Robert Christgau has heaped praise on Crenshaw’s first two albums, calling them perfect - go here to read the review. Trust him - he’s knows of what he speaks! Unfortunately, I've only gotten to see Crenshaw once, at the famed Maxwell's in Hoboken back in October 1996. I was supposed to see him again in March 2020 at the Stanhope House in New Jersey, but COVID cancelled that and its never been rescheduled.

In any event, this soundboard recording captures Crenshaw just about a month after I saw him live, in San Francisco on November 14, 1996, 27 years ago today.






1 comments:

Deacon said...

One of my favorite artists too! And I'm one of those who likes his more recent music and shows even better than the early days, so I love any Marshall you can post. Thank you!

Post a Comment