Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Bruce Hornsby - 1993-11-26 - Philadelphia, PA (FM)

Bruce Hornsby
1993-11-26
Sigma Sound Studios
Philadelphia, PA
WMMR-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Interview, (The Entertainer) > 
02. Valley Road > 
03. Talk Of The Town
04. Interview, 
05. It Takes A Lot to Laugh, IT Takes A Train To Cry > 
06. Life Of Tthe Party
07. Interview
08. The Way It Is
09. Interview
10. The Christmas Song
11. Ending Credits


Bruce Hornsby is one of those rare artists I've seen as a lead in performer, a solo headliner, and as part of a group. In May 1987, I saw him lead in for the Grateful Dead at Leguna Seca, the only Dead show I attended on the West Coast. Then between 1993 and 2018, my wife and I saw Bruce as the headliner on 6 different occasions, some shows solo, some with the Range, and some with the Nosiemakers. Then after 5 years without seeing Mr. Hornsby, we went to 2 of his shows earlier this year, a solo performance in March and a concert with the Noisemakes just 4 days ago! That makes Hornsby just 1 of 7 artists - the others are the Grateful Dead, Paul McCartney, The Band, Los Lobos, Joe Jackson and Bruce Springsteen - that I have seen 2 or more times in the same year. On top of that, we saw him 9 times as a member of the Grateful Dead in 1990 and 1991 combined! By the way, if you like keeping track of those kind of statistics releated to the comcerts you have attended, my book has a chapter filled with them that I'm sure you will enjoy.

This FM broadcast captures Hornsby at Sigma Sound Studios in Philadelphia on November 26, 1993, 3 decades ago this very day.




1 comments:

Benson said...

Lucky you! I haven't gotten to see Bruce in concert yet, but hope to - based on the great shows of his you have posted here.

Post a Comment