Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

U2 - 1981-11-22 - The Ritz, NY NY (SBD)

U2
1981-11-22
The Ritz
New York, NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

xx. Gloria (missing)
01. Another Time, Another Place Ð only 0:44 min.
02. I Threw A Brick Through A Window 
03. An Cat Dubh > Into The Heart 
04. With A Shout
05. Rejoice
06. The Cry > The Electric Co. 
07. I Fall Down
08. October
xx. Stories For Bioys (missing)
09. I Will Follow 
10. Twilight 
11. Out Of Control 

Encore:
xx. Fire (missing)
12. 11 O'clock Tick Tock 
13. The Ocean
14. I Will Follow 


I've seen U2 twice - once in August 1992 during the ZooTV tour and then again in October 2001, after the tragedy on 9-11, when the band's emotional tribute to the victims provided a much needed catharsis for us all/  You can check out my book, TEN RULES OF THE ROAD I LEARNED AT MY FIRST CONCERT  to learn the story of the time I tried to see U2 on November 24,1981 which didn't quite worked out a s planned.

This soundboard recording captures U2 just 2 days before that ill fated 1981 show referenced above, at the Ritx in New York on November 22, 1981, 42 years ago today.







0 comments:

Post a Comment