Crosby, Stills & Nash
1989-11-08
Santa Cruz Earthquake Benefit
Santa Cruz CA
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Introduction
02. Wasted On The Way
03. Change Partners
04. Blackbird
05. Lee Shore
06. Just A Song Before I Go
07. 4+20
08. Helplessly Hoping
09. Wind on the Water
10. Nash Talks
11. Tracks in the Dust
12. Crosby Chats
13. Almost Cut My Hair
14. Guinevere
15. Tree Top Flyer
16. Midnight Rider
17. Southern Cross
18. Wooden Ships
19. Our House
20. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
21. Applause > Encore Break
22. Teach Your Children
I've seen CSN on 6 occasions between 1978 and 1992, and then once with sometimes partner Neil Young in 2000! I've also seen Stills and Crosby (not to mention Neil) solo!
Crosby, Still & Nash (along with sometimes partner Young) have been long time champions other social and political causes. They have been active in helping to end world hunger, playing Live Aid in 1985, and Hungerthon concerts in 1988 and 1989, They participated in the No Nukes concerts in 1979 and the Crackdown on Crack concerts in 1986. On the political front, they were leaders of the oppositiion to the Vietnam War in the 1960s and 1970s, and opposed the Bush administrations policies during the 2006 Freedom of Speech tour. They have written or sung some of the great protest songs of all time, such as For What Its Worth (Stills with Buffalo Springfield), Almost Cut My Hair, Long Time Gone, Chicago, and Ohio (Neil backed by CSN). Few artists have been as socially active as CSN, as they continue to live the 1960s vision that rock and roll can change the world. In keeping with their tradition of supporting social causes, this soundboard captures their concert to aid the victims of the Santa Cruz earthquake on November 8, 1989, 44 years ago today.



5 comments:
To SpeedYM thank you for the posting always good to hear such great artist of 60 's 70's 80;s era.
Howdy Speedy-
I just checked and ALL MirrorCreator links are dead.
Among my earliest favorites - we sang Ohio and Teach Your Children at Summer Camp in the late 70s. Saw them at Pier 84 in 1983 (three years before I worked there) and I got backstage legitimately at SPAC the Summer before this show. My girlfriend at the time lived next door to Graham Nash's Accountant or Business Manager who lived next door to her in Niskayuna, NY. Graham Nash was the only one to actually take time to meet everyone. I think Stephen Stills passed right through and we didn't see David Crosby until we were on the way out and saw him and his wife Jan on one of the buses. I was wearing a David Crosby shirt from his solo show at the Palace in Albany a year earlier.. The front of the shirt featured the art from the back of his "Yes I Can" album with a star spangled gun to his head. The back of the shirt had a cartoon of him in front of a chalkboard writing "I will be a good boy" repeatedly.. I jumped up and down in front of the bus pointing to the shirt and Jan pushed him out the door to meet us and sign our passes. Than you Jan!! ;)
Thanks and have a goody.
The Brooklyn Kid In Exile In Binghamton
Great story! Love how you got Crosby to sign the passes! Enjoy the re-uploaded show!
Hey Speedy, if you would please reup this one, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks, man
never mind, I found it elsewhere. Thanks anyway!
Post a Comment