Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 21, 2016

Southside Johnny & Little Steven - 1993-11-21 - New York, NY (FM)

Southside Johnny & Little Steven
1993-11-21
K-Rock Hungerthon Rent Party
New York, NY
FM Broadcast
256 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Broke Down Piece Of Man
02. The Fever
03. Little Queenie
04. Like A Hurricane
05. Wonderful Tonight
06. Better Days
07. Like A Virgin
08. Rosalita
09. I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
10. All Night Long
11. If I Were A Carpenter
12. Forever Young
13. Don’t Look Back
14. Its Been A Long Time
15. Into The Mystic
16. Ain’t Too Proud To Beg
17. I Am A Patriot
18. I Don’t Wanna Go Home


As promised earlier this month, here are Southside Johnny and Little Steven  teaming up in support of Hungerthon. On November 21, 1993, 23 years ago today these 2 New Jersey icons played live from the K-Rock studios in New York to raise money for the charity Harry Chapin founded in 1975. The set list includes a host of interesting, to say the least, covers, including versions of Neil Young’s Hurricane, Bob Dylan’s Forever Young and even Madonna’s Like a Virgin! Download this copy of the FM broadcast, and then please go here to contribute to this worthy cause.
















 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I have had this for a few years but just want to highly recommend it to anyone even slightly interested. Sound is great and the music ranges from "silly" attempts at cover versions to some truly fine more serious music!!

Brad said...

What a find! Stuff like this is why I rarely miss checking this site every day. Great performance, excellent sound quality, and the definitive version of "I Am A Patriot". Thanks Speedy!

Anonymous said...

Speedy - this is another file i lost on my computer and i always liked i hope you can repost

thanks

speedymjb said...

new link is up - enjoy

Post a Comment