Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Bruce Hornsby - 2009-10-11 - Munhall PA (SBD)

Bruce Hornsby
2009-10-11
Carnegie Library Music Hall,
Munhall, PA
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Intro
02. Darlin Cory > Night On The Town
03. Gonna Be Some Changes Made
04. Good Life
05. Levitate
06. Down The Road Tonight
07. Talk Of The Town
08. Mirror On The Wall
09. Prairie Dog Town
10. Big Stick
11. Way It Is
12. Valley Road > Lucky Old Sun > Valley Road
13. Spider Fingers
14. Here We Are Again
15. End Of The Innocence
16. In the Low Country
17. Sunflower Cat

Eencores:
01. Space is the Place
02. Swan Song


Bruce Hornsby 2009 - #1: I happened to catch Bruce Hornsby’s 2009 fall tour on October 24 at Town Hall in New York. And that show prompted the following question - is it possible for a memorable concert moment take place outside the concert hall with no music playing? Well, my answer to that question is a resounding yes! My wife and I saw Bruce Hornsby on October 24, 2009, at Town Hall in solid show by Bruce and the Noisemakers. After the show, as we pulled our car out of the parking lot and headed for home, we drove past the theater. Standing outside was the band - no Hornsby - but all the Noisemakers. I rolled down the window and yelled "you guys were great tonight". And the next thing I knew, the entire band came over to the car. The were shaking my hand, chatting with my wife and I, and thanking us for attending the show. Horns were honking, lights were flashing and we ignored it all , chatting away with with the Noisemakers. We held up traffic on 43rd street, just a block from Times Square for over 5 minutes. Only in New York! This soundboard recording captures Hornsby and the Noisemakers a few weeks later, on November 11, 2009, 8 years ago today. Download this one, then come back on October 29 for the 2nd half of this Same Tour, Different Show entry. 




3 comments:

Taylor said...

Speedy,
Greetings! You recently posted a Bruce & The Noisemakers show that was so good, I was amazed - I frankly didn't realize Bruce Hornsby was this good. :)

So I went to find more of his shows on your site, and found this one. It appears the link isn't working. If you get a chance, would you be able to re-up it to the new file sharing service you're using?

Thanks so much!

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy

Taylor said...

Excellent - thank you! DLing now

Post a Comment