Over the years, I've done by best to re-post dead links when asked. However, once again, in recent weeks, it has simply gotten out of hand. Requests are either endless or down right rude - for example:
- "This blog sucks - you have 80 Dylan posts and less than half of them work. When are you going to re-post the rest?"
- "So, do you ever plan to re-post this show?"
- "Link dead"
Perhaps if the requests were just a little more polite, I might actually consider a repost. In all seriousness, a please and a thank you go a long way when you are asking for a repost.
Just to be clear - here's our policy on re-posts:
- If there's a show you would like me to re-post, and you ask using common courtesy, I'll do my best to get to it in 48 to 72 hours.
- If you are asking me to re-post every dead link for a particular band, well, that's something I simply won't be able to do.just not enough time in the day and I do have a wife, kids, job, etc.
- If you are rude in your request, you're getting no response
- Also, I will no longer take re-post requests from Anonymous users. Most of the time, the issues outlined above are caused by folks who are Anonymous, so unless you have some kind of identity (such as Speedy, or Wolfclan or AZ Jones, or PigStreet, etc), I won't be honoring the request. Having an identify enables me to determine who is a frequent visitor to So Many Roads and such folks will get priority when it comes to requests for reposts!
I know that these policies may be disappointing, but its the reality of the situation as there's simply not enough hours in the day to get to everything.
Thanks for understanding.

9 comments:
We probably don't say this enough, but your posts of wonderful music are appreciated.
I don't stop by So Many Roads... half as often as I used to (or should!!) but i'd just like to echo Matthew's comment and simply say a big THANX for all your efforts here. All the great posts are really appreciated Speedy.
Keep on keepin' on fella.
Charlie Brown.
I agree - we don't thank you enough for all of your efforts. Thank you very much.
Matthew, CB and JD - thanks for the kind words. Comments like yours that make me want to keep this blog going!
I don't often post, but want to echo the others here and just say thanks. You do a lot, more than most, and those not happy with that can go invest in (insert your wisecrack here).
come on people show some respect to matthew and the work he does on this FANTASTIC website.
Someone actually wrote and said "This blog sucks" and then expected you to repost several dozen shows?
Best laugh I've had in weeks! Thank you!
I, for one, appreciate your posts and some pretty awesome chances to hear things I might not have otherwise heard--Springsteen Hiatt, The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers among so many many more. Know you are appreciated and that the anonymous nature of the internet makes people rude and cocky. A BIG THANK YOU from me and many more like me.
Thanks for all the positive responses
Post a Comment