Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sheryl Crow - 1994-10-17 - New Britain, CT (FM)

Sheryl Crow
1994-10-17
The Sting
New Britain, CT
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Intro
02. Can't Cry Any More
03. Love Is A Good Thing
04. Leaving Las Vegas
05. Run Baby Run
06. The Na Na Song > I've Got A Feeling
07. Dyer Maker
08. Strong Enough
09. Full Moon Cowgirl
10. I Shall Believe
11. All I Wanna Do


Sheryl Crow 1994 - #1: Sheryl Crow released her debut album, Tuesday Night Music Club, in August 1993. For over a year, almost no one noticed. Her first single in Europe, Run Baby Run, also released in 1993, failed to chart(though it would be re-released later with better success. She found some modest success with her first US single, Leaving Las Vegas, which went to #60 on the Billboard charts. Then, on October 1, 1994, everything changed. That day, she released her 2nd US single, All I Wanna Do, a catchy tune based on a poem called Fun. The tune was a surprise success, climbing to #2 on the Billboard charts. All I Wanna would win 2 Grammys in 1995, for Record of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Sheryl would also win the Grammy for best new artist. The song would also propel Tuesday Night Music Club up the charts, with the album reaching the number 3 position while selling over 7 million copies. Sheryl was the new Queen of Rock, a position she has maintained for almost 2 decades! This soundboard recording captures Sheryl right after the release of All I Wanna Do, on October 17, 1994, 23 years ago today, at The Sting, a club in New Britain, CT. Download this on, the come back on October 25 for the 2nd half of this Same Tour, Different Show set.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, this link no longer works. Could you please re-post it whenever you get a chance? Thanks!

speedymjb said...

new link is up! enjoy

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, as always!

Post a Comment