Allman Brothers Band
1973-06-02
The Omni
Atlanta, GA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Done Somebody Wrong
02. One Way Out
03. Stormy Monday
04. idnight Rider
05. Jessica
06. Trouble No More
07. Ain't Wastin' Time No More
08. Ramblin' Man
09. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
CD 2
01. You Don't Love Me >
02. Les Brers In A Minor
In 1971, the Allman Brothers lost founder, spiritual leader and guitar virtuoso, Duane Allman, in a motor cycle accident. In 1972, another motorcycle accident, just blocks from where Duane died, claimed the life of bassist Berry Oakley. Those twin losses would have finished most bands. The Allmans, like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, however, somehow reached new heights of success and popularity in 1973. The single Rambling Man reached #2 of the Billboard charts, and helped spur interest in other Southern rock bands, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Marshall Tucker Band. This soundboard recording captures the Allmans during that 1973 resurgence, on their home turf in Georgia, on June 2, 1973, 46 years ago today.



7 comments:
Much thanks. Great sound.
My pleasure - enjoy
Hi Speedy, I have tried loading this many times. It keeps failing. I have used different search engines with no luck.
Link is working fine - trying using Chrome
I have had to give up with this. Tried everything including chrome but have had to accept defeat.
I have had to give up with this. Tried everything including chrome but have had to accept defeat.
Sorry you are having an issue but its working. Try Chrome, and be sure clean out your cache. Unfortunately, sometimes a particular host is problematic for some users but I do not have time to post or multiple hosts or to re-post every show that gives a single user an issue. Sorry about that
Post a Comment