Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 10, 2019

Grateful Dead - 1973-06-10 - Washington DC (SBD)

Grateful Dead
3rd Set with Merl Saunders, Dickey Betts and Butch Trucks
1973-06-10
RFK Stadium
Washington, DC
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
1st Set
01. Morning Dew
02. Beat It On Down The Line
03. Ramble On Rose
04. Jack Straw
05. Wave That Flag
06. Looks Like Rain
07. Box Of Rain
08. They Love Each Other
09. The Race Is On
10. Row Jimmy
11. El Paso
12. Bird Song

CD 2:
1st Set (continued)
01. Playing In The Band

2nd Set:
02. Eyes Of The World >
03. Stella Blue
04. Big River
05. Here Comes Sunshine
06. Around And Around

CD 3:
2nd Set (continued)
01. Dark Star >
02. He's Gone >
03. Wharf Rat >
04. Truckin'
05. Sugar Magnolia

CD 4:
3rd Set (with Merl Saunders, Dickey Betts and Butch Trucks)
01. It Takes A Lot To Laugh It Takes A Train To Cry
02. That's All Right, Mama
03. The Promised Land
04. Not Fade Away >
05. Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad >
06. Drums >
07. Not Fade Away
08. Johnny B. Goode


As promised yesterday, here's a soundboard of the Grateful Dead's performance from RFK Stadium, 46 years ago today, June 10, 1973. The show is a mammoth 3-set affair, with Merl Saunders, Dickey Betts and Butch Trucks joining in for the final 8 songs. This one's a classic!

Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers Connections
  • See the June 9th Grateful Dead post for a list of Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers connections





25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Now I can throw away my hissy and incomplete cassettes I got 20 years ago. Nice to have Allman and Dead sets to play back to back. Amazing that the Dead played for 4 1/2 hours!

speedymjb said...

Glad you enjoyed. It's an incredible show!

jordan said...

I'm only on disc #1 right now,but I love it. Thanks for sharing this one, speedy. I think the choice of "Morning Dew" as the show opener was interesting.
P.S. I'll get the January 1986 Garcia link to you as soon as I get in onto a CD-R.

speedymjb said...

lad you are enjoying Jordan. It only gets better. Wait till set 3. No rush on the Garcia show. Thanks again!

jordan said...

Here's the Garcia link for the 1-28-86 show at the Ritz in NYC. http://www.mediafire.com/?wjv0d0zttzm

Let me know if you have any problems with downloading it.

speedymjb said...

Thanks Jordan! Downloaded fine!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great show.Had this on tape a few years ago, great to hear the show in pristine condition. makes a great companion to the Allmans show. By the time you get to the later discs on both shows the groups are taking you to places no else can take you too.
Dave P

speedymjb said...

Dave P -- Thanks for the kind words. The 6/9 Allmans and 6/10 Dead shows are amazing. Both bands firing on all cylinders.

Anonymous said...

Thank you kind sir for the Dead downloads!!!

SoulChange said...

Hey Now... just found your site thru GratefulBreedBlog. These shows, w/ Allman Bros. are incredible. I remember reading in the Guiness Book of World Records how these had been the largest concerts in history. Thanks so much for the awesome vibes.

SoulChange said...

Sorry I mispoke in my last post... I meant that the Watkins Glen concert was the record holder. Please picture a blushing avatar. Thanks again for the great downloads.

juan manuel muñoz said...

thank you very much for this excellent concert. Cheers

speedymjb said...

new links are up!

Zeke said...

Fab.

Anonymous said...

Today just ain't my day! These two have also been dropped. If you have the time, I wouldn't mind picking this up as well.

No more today. (trying a faster ISP) Thanks again

speedymjb said...

new links are up! enjoy!

quazzi said...

great show but the file name shows gd 1974-06-10
it was 1973 I know because i was there both nights 6-9 and 6-10
Allman brothers and sir doug quintet

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic show! My version is really quiet and I was hoping to download this one to see if it's a bit louder, but alas, the links are broke. Any chance you could re-upload this fine show? Very much appreciated.

speedymjb said...

New link is up! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Speedy! Thanks so much for the new link!

Captain Howdy said...

Thanks for these 2 dates of Allmans & Dead. I have a question on the folders inside this date. After extracting, the first folder within only contains one file D4t2. I checked that the download was successful so I'm perplexed as to what could be wrong. Any idea?

speedymjb said...

My fault - forgot to delete that - that version of the show was replaced by the folder entitled gd73-06-10.sbd-patched.tobin.90979.sbeok.flac16

Captain Howdy said...

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Appreciate all you post.

gregg said...

any chance of re-posting some of the older GD recordings...

speedymjb said...

gregg - pick 2 or 3 you want, and I'll report those.

Post a Comment