Willie Nelson
1999-06-17
Telluride Blue Grass Festival
Town Park
Telluride, CO
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Whiskey River> Stay All Night
02. Good Hearted Woman
03. Funny How Time Slips Away/Crazy/Night Life
04. Down Yonder
05. Me And Paul
06. Workin' Man Blues
07. Help Me Make It Thru The Night
08. Me & Bobby McGee
09. Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again) ^
10. Everywhere I Go ^
11. These Lonely Nights ^
12. I Never Cared For You ^
13. instrumental #1
14. instrumental #2
15. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
16. Georgia On A Fast Train
17. Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
18. Milk Cow Blues
19. Poncho And Lefty
20. Will The Circle Be Unbroken > I'll Fly Away ^
21. a little jam
22. Until I Gain Control Again ^
23. Outro Instrumental
^ with Emmylou Harris
In 1998, Willie Nelson released his 45th (yes - 45th!) studio album, entitled Teatro. The recording sessions for the album were held in an old movie theater (hence the album's title since teatro means theater in Italian) in Oxnard, California and were produced by Daniel Lanois. Many of the tunes on the album were re-recordings of songs Willie wrote and first recorded in the 1960s, including Darkness on the Face of the Earth (1961), My Own Peculiar Way (1964), Home Motel (1962), I Just Can't Let You Say Goodbye (1968), I've Just Destroyed the World (1962) and Three Days" (1962). The album also featured backing vocals by Emmylou Harris, This soundboard recording captures Willie on tour in support of Teatro in Telluride on June 17, 199, 2 decades ago today. Fittingly, Emmylou sits in with Willie for sevral tunes during the show.
Willie Nelson/Allman Brothers Connections
- In 1980, Willie Melson recorded a version of the Allman's tune Midnight Rider which climbed to #6 on the Billboard Country Music charts.
- In 1995, Willie Nelson inducted the Allmans into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, noting that "when the Allman Brothers Band came up on the scene in 1969, they created a whole new genre of music and their southern rock was an exciting fusion of rock, jazz country, and blues, and was reflective of the emergence of the new South.
- Both Greg Allman and Willie Nelson played at the 2012 Peach Festival.
- Willie and The Allman Brothers both played at the Lockin Festival in 2014.



0 comments:
Post a Comment