Steve Winwood
2014-06-20
Telluride Bluegrass Festival
Town Park
Webcast Recording
224 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Introduction
02. Rainmaker
03. I’m A Man
04. Fly
05. Can’t Find My Way Home
06. Medicated Goo
07. The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
CD 2:
01. Empty Pages
02. Light Up or Leave Me Alone
03. Band Introductions
04. Dear Mr Fantasy
05. Back In The High Life Again
06. Gimme Some Lovin’
07. Closing Radio Banter
Since 1974, the town of Telluride CO has hosted an Annual Bluegrass Festival. Initially, attendance was capped at 10,000 fans, though in 2013 it was raised to 12,000. In recent years, the festival has expanded to include artists outside of the traditional bluegrass genre. As a result ,a host of rock royalty has played the festival, including Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, John Hiatt, John Fogerty, Bruce Hornby, Elvis Costello, Robert Plant, David Crosby, Counting Crows, and the Tedeschi Trucks Band, just to name a few. In 2014, Steve Winwood headlined the festival, as captured in this FM broadcast from June 2014, 5 years ago today.
Steve Winwood/Allman Brothers Connections
Steve Winwood/Allman Brothers Connections
- In 2013, Steve Winwood served as the opening act for the Allman Brothers summer tour.
- In 2017, Steve Winwood headlined the Peach Festival, which had been founded by Greg Allman, for a series of shows just months after Greg's death, held as a tribute to the late singer



5 comments:
Another fine post, one of the finest musicians to come from the U.K. in my opinion. Thanks, speedy.
Thanks for all the kind words my good friend
Good morning Speedy. I've dived back into Steve Winwood lately after discovering a bootleg of the show I saw of his on July 20, 1988. It's a bit rough(audience recording) so I'm mastering it currently. I noticed that I have missed this gem and was hoping you could reup the link please. When you have a moment. Thanks much, G.
@Gman - new link is up - enjoy!
Thank you so much once again!
Post a Comment