Dave Edmunds
1982-05-20
Late Show
The Bayou
Washington DC
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. greetings
02. Crawling From The Wreckage
03. Dear Dad
04. True Love
05. Nobody
06. From Small Things Big Things One Day Come
07. Sweet Little Rock n Roller
08. Girls Talk
09. Fine Fine Fine
10. Me And The Bboys
11. Queen Of Hearts
12. I Hear You Knockin'
13. My Own Bussiness
14. Train To Catch
15. crowd
16. I Knew The Bride
17. Fallin' In Love Again
18. crowd
19. Lets Talk About Us
20. crowd
21. Stagger Lee
22. Pay Day
23. outro
When Rockpile unexpectedly disbanded in 1981, Dave Edmunds made wholesale changes in his musical life. He switched record labels, moving from Swan Song to Arista. He put together a new band, which included guitarist Mickey Gee, bassist John David, pianist Geraint Watkins, and drummer Dave Charles. That group would record and tour with Edmunds throughout the rest of the 1980s. Amidst all that change, one thing stayed the same -- Edmunds' ability to play good old straight ahead rock and roll. This FM broadcast captures Edmunds and his new band in Washington, DC on May 20, 1982, 44 years ago today. In addition to songs from his then soon to be released album DE7, Edmunds also plays tunes from his days with Nick Lowe, as well as his 1970 hit, I Hear You Knockin'.



1 comments:
I've been fan of DE since the early 70s. Thank you sir.
Post a Comment