Southside Johnny
& The Asbury Jukes
2011-05-07
Sherman Theater
Stroudsburg, PA
Soundboard Matrix Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Forever
02. You Can't Bury Me
03. Gin Soaked Boy
04. Coming Back
05. I Played The Fool
06. Trapped Again
07. Harmonica Boom Boom Boom Intro > Woke Up This Morning
08. Paris
09. Without Love
10. Strange Strange Feeling
11. Love On The Wrong Side Of Town
12. This Time It's For Real
13. Walk Away Renee
14. Ham And Beans
15. Happy
16. Cross That Line
17. Light Don't Shine No More
18. Talk To Me
19. Fever
20. Harder Than It Looks
21. I Don't Want to Go Home
22. Working Too Hard > I Feel Good
Encore:
23. Another Saturday Night
24. Twisting The Night Away
25. We're Having a Party
26. One More Night To Rock
27. Under The Gun
28. Hearts Of Stone
The New Jersey music scene rose to prominence in 1975 thanks to Bruce Springsteen. Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes were the 2nd most famous act to emerge from that scene. Their first three albums, I Don't Want To Go Home (1976), This Time It's For Real (1977), and Hearts Of Stone (1978), were filled with Stax R&B influences. All 3 discs were produced and arranged by Steve Van Zandt, the group's co-founder, who also played guitar in Springsteen's E Street band. Van Zandt's tune, I Don't Want To Go Home, became Southside's signature song, an evocative mixture of horn-based melodic riffs and sentimental lyrics. The band's repertoire also included The Fever, Talk to Me, This Time It's For Real, Love on the Wrong Side of Town, a wonderful cover of Sam Cooke's Having A Party, and the definitive version of Springsteen's Hearts of Stone. While Southside never rose to the prominence that Springsteen achieved, the band remained a vibrant live force in the 1990s and beyond, touring almost non stop! This soundboard matrix recording captures them taking the Jersey sound to Stroudsburg on May 7, 2011, 15 years ago today.

.jpg)

3 comments:
THANK YOU! Please, more SSJ recordings
I got to see Southside Johnny once in concert - he doesn't often come here to Atlanta - and it's always stuck with me. Great artist. Thank you for this.
Thank you speedy for this SSJ show.
Post a Comment