Sheryl Crow
2004-05-08
Concert In The Sky
United Airlines 777
Chicago IL to Los Angeles, CA
FM Broadcast
320 Kbps
Artwork Included
01. Intro
02. A Change Will Do You Good
03. The First Cut Is The Deepest
04. Light In Your Eyes
05. If It Makes You Happy
06. My Favorite Mistake
07. Soak Up The Sun
08. Everyday Is A Winding Road
In my book, Ten Rules Of The Road I Learned At My First Concert, Rule #5 is "Rock Concerts Are Rarely Played At Venues Meant For Music". Afterall, venues such as Madison Square Garden, Yankee Stadium, and MetLife Stadium were built for sports first, concerts second. In addition, I've seen shows in such unlikely places as a parking lot, the side of a hill, and an ice skating rink, just to add further proof. That said, I've never seen a concert on an aiplane, whch is exactly where Sheryl Crow performed on May 4, 2004, 22 years ago today, as captured in this FM Broadcast. Sheryl played a 45 minute acoustic show from Row 31 of a chartered United Airlines 777 making a trip from Chicago to Los Angeles. Billed as the first concert played at an altitude of 35,000, Sheryl's performance celebrated the launch of Sony's first foray into the online music market, the Sony Connect store, while marking a unique partnership with United Airlines. The mood on board was celebratory from the captain's opening welcome, that "today we fly as the Crow flies," to Crow’s performance as the plane glided over the Grand Canyon. Crow clearly was enjoying herself, at one point jokingly telling the invited guests "So, I can’t lie to you. It's been a really long time since I've been in the coach section." And, as she got ready to perform her last number, telling the other passengers" "When I'm done with this song, I'm going to put on a parachute and jump out!".



5 comments:
This is pretty cool, Speedy! I never knew about this event. I feel like I have to hear it just because of the uniqueness. Thanks!
Hi is it possible to upload again ? Thank you
Hi is it possible to upload again ? Thank you
Hi is it possible to upload again ? Thank you
SEND link is working - here it is so you don't have to fo searching: https://send.now/ivsa9j0kcwsr
Post a Comment