Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bruce Hornsby - 1995-09-03 - Wilkes Barre, PA (SBD)

Bruce Hornsby
1995-09-03
Kirby center
Wilkes Barre PA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Swing Street
02. White-Wheeled Limousine
03. Walk In the Sun
04. China Doll
05. Western Skyline
06. When I Paint My Masterpeice
07. Hot House Ball
08. I Love You (tease)
09. Every Little Kiss
10. Rainbow’s Cadillac
11. Sugaree

CD 2:
01. Teddy Bear’s Picnic
02. Harbor Lights
03. Ave’ Maria
04. Stander On The Mountain
05. Across The River
06. He’s Gone
07. Wharf Rat
08. End Of The Innocence
09. Spider Fingers

CD 3:
01. Don’t Do It
02. Iko Iko
03. Valley Road
04. Mandolin Rain > Brokedown Palace


Welcome to part 2 of our 1995 Bruce Hornsby Same Tour, Different Show entry. A night after his poignant performance at the Rock & Roll hall of Fame concert, Bruce Hornsby played 2 dozen songs in Wilkes Barre, PA. This concert again reflected the impact that the loss of Garcia had on Hornsby, as he filled the show with Grateful Dead songs, including Sugaree, Wharf Rat, He’s Gone and the final song on the night, a version of the Dead’s traditional encore, Brokedown Palace. This soundboard captures every note of Bruce’s tribute to Jerry on September 3, 1995, 19 years ago today.
















 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!

quazzi said...

please help most of bruce is dead. thanks speedy.

speedymjb said...


Unfortunately, I cannot re-post all of these shows. As I have said in numerous pots over the last few days I simply do not have the time to deal with that volume of requests. If I tried to, I'd never have a chance to post anything new. let alone manage my job, family, etc. So, if there's a show or two you'd like me to re-post, I'll do my best to get to it., But if you are asking me to re-post every dead link on the blog, well, that's something I simply won't be able to do. I know that may be disappointing, but its the reality of the situation as there's simply not enough hours in the day to get to everything. Thanks for understanding

bd said...

Hi Speedy,
I have been on a Bruce Hornsby kick, very much appreciate all the shows you have posted here. And thanks for the repost of the '87 Laguna Seca Raceway show a few days back.
Not gonna ask you to repost all dead links, etc. But for this particular show, if you have a chance at some point and can re-up it, this would be a very good one to hear. Take your time, I can wait, and this one is worth waiting for. 'Deferred gratification', amen!
Have a good one!

speedymjb said...

New link is up! Enjoy!

bd said...

Thanks Speedy, listening to it now, man alive it is great! This is a very fine recording; clear, excellent separation, the mix is just right with the vocals. Hornsby is so good. Thanks again for the repost!

Post a Comment