Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 5, 2014

Van Morrison - 1971-09-05 - Sausalito, CA (FM)

Van Morrison
1971-09-05
Pacific High Studios
Sausalito, CA
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Tom Donahue Intro
02. Into the Mystic
03. I've Been Working
04. Friday's Child
05. Hound Dog
06. Ballerina
07. Tupelo Honey
08. Wild Night
09. Just Like a Woman
10. Moonshine Whiskey

CD 2:
01. Dead or Alive
02. You're My Woman
03. These Dreams (Of You)
04. Domino
05. Call Me Up in Dreamland
06. Blue Money
07. Bring it On Home to Me
08. Buena Sera Signorina


On September 5, 1971, 43 years ago today and just about 2 weeks before he was to play at Winterland in San Francisco, Van Morrison recorded a live set at Pacific High Studios in Sausalito CA. The show, in front of an audience of around 200 people, was broadcast on KSAN-FM, and, according to some sources, was originally intended to be released as a live album. In addition to playing cuts from his earlier albums, Van also sang 2 songs from his soon to be released disc Tupelo Honey, Wild Nights and the title track. That album was actually recorded during the spring and summer of 1971 in San Francisco, so the Pacific High show was the perfect venue for their live debut. While the live album never came to pass, the FM broadcast has been well preserved and is available right here for you to download.  Be sure to stop back in 4 days for part 2 of this Same Tour, Different show entry from Van The Man in 1971. 



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post and all the boots, but the link is dead; its written it doesn't exist, by depositfiles; what's the matter with it? Can you repost it? Thanks a lot for all your hard work and all the fine boots I#m finding here. Every day I check your site. All the best!

speedymjb said...

I just tested it - its working fine - here's the link just in case. http://depositfiles.com/files/63hg1v0bx

Anonymous said...

Okay thanks a lot for your answering. I tried the link immediately, but depositfiles writes again, that the file doesn't exist and was deleted by reason of the owner's rights. I'm sorry, what shalls I do. Thanks a lot again.

speedymjb said...

I'll re-post it tonoght

Anonymous said...

Yes please be so kind and repost it, Thanks in advance

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm staying tunedd! I'm glad about, thanks for your engagement too!

speedymjb said...

New link is up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a million for taking such great care of us!! Thanks, Terry

Anonymous said...

I got it now, thanks again!

DK said...

Many thanks for this Van gem!

draftervoi said...

Pacific High Studios was in San Francisco at 60 Brady Street. I think they've mixed the location up with the Record Plant, which was (and still is, under the name The Plant) in Sausalito.

speedymjb said...

I thing you are absolutely correct! The KSAN live from the plant series was from Sausalito! Nice catch!

Anonymous said...

Muchas gracias!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. Really wonderful!

AZ Jones said...

I love finding artwork I made for music on blogs. Cool! That background I used was a photo of batik cloth, that I then altered a bit. Hey Speedy hope all is well. Arizona Jones

JimmyJazz said...

Just FYI, the link is dead. Thanks for sharing all the music!

speedymjb said...

new link is up! Enjoy!

Fotis said...

Hello! Any possibility to re-post this one? They say it's a must have for a Van's fan. Thanks anyway

Anonymous said...

Hello ! Any possibility to re-post this one? They say it's a must have for a Van's fan. Thanks anyway

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy!

Post a Comment