Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Grateful Dead - 1974-09-21 - Paris, France (SBD)

Grateful Dead
1974-09-21
Palais des Sports
Paris, France
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. Bertha
02. Mexicali Blues
03. Sugaree
04. The Promised Land
05. Peggy-O
06. Me And My Uncle
07. Deal
08. The Race Is On
09. Loose Lucy
10. El Paso
11. Eyes Of The World >
12. China Doll

2nd Set:
01. Seastones >
02. Playin' In The Band

3rd Set:
01. Row Jimmy
02. Big River
03. Ship Of Fools
04. Uncle John's Band
05. Around And Around
06. Morning Dew
07. Sugar Magnolia

Encore:
01. Casey Jones


Welcome to the final post in our 4 part “Same Tour, Different Show” series featuring the Grateful Dead in Europe in 1974. This soundboard recording captures The Dead on September 21, 1974, 40 years ago today, in Paris.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

holy crap this show just kicked my ass. I took a trip on the Phil Zone... phew... and billy was on fire. Row jimmy was one long drum fill...

Anonymous said...

Hi! Haven't been here in a while... Glad to see you're still doing such great work! Heard part of this on Sirius XM the other day, and I must have. Any chance of reposting it? If I can repay you in some small way, I will gladly do so. Thanks!

Shaun - Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous said...

Hi! Haven't been here in a while... Glad to see you're still doing such great work! Heard part of this on Sirius XM the other day, and I must have. Any chance of reposting it? If I can repay you in some small way, I will gladly do so. Thanks!

Shaun - Milwaukee, WI

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words! new link is up! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!

I think I figured out the problem with Chrome blocking everything... This one worked just fine!

Looking forward to hearing this entire show. Jerry and the rest of the band joining in on Seastones (is this the only time they did that?) is pretty cool. The part I heard the other day was incredible. May have to dig into more of your 1974 treasure trove soon!

So many roads... So little time. Grateful Dead is one thing, but Billy Joel's another my favorites, and live boots from him are tougher to come by. I'll be snagging some of those too!

Thanks,
Shaun

speedymjb said...

new inks for 9.14.74, 9.20.74, and 9.21.74? are all up - enjoy

Post a Comment