John Hiatt
1987-09-17
Santa Fe, NM
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. A Crazy Girl Is Hard To Find
02. Alone In The Dark
03. Doll Hospital
04. Girl On A String
05. Have A little Faith In Me
06. Hold Me Close (Instrumental)
07. I Dont Even Try
08. Learning How To Love You
09. Radio Girl
10. Real Man
11. Ridin With The King
12. Stood Up
13. Tennessee Plates
14. Thank You Girl
15. Thing Called Love
16. Tip Of My Tongue
17. Your Dad Did
*Tracks in alphabetical order - see notes below
On May 29, 1987, John Hiatt released the album Bring The Family, and quickly became an “overnight sensation”. Of course, earning that label was 13 years and 7 prior albums in the making. In fact, when Hiatt recorded Bring The Family, he was actually on the verge of quitting the business, having recently been dropped by his record label. Hiatt, with encouragement from John Chelew of McCabe's Guitar Shop who had heard some of the early versions of tunes that wound up on the album, decided to take one more crack at recording. Demon Records in the UK put up about $30,000 to help Hiatt record an album. Then old friends, Nick Lowe, Ry Cooder and Jim Keltner joined Hiatt in the studio. Due to budget constraints, the entire record had to be recorded in just 4 days. Hiatt and Lowe actually shared a hotel room at a local Holiday Inn to save money. (Lowe, by the way, took no payment for his contribution). The result - bring The Family became one of the cornerstones of Hiatt’s career, featuring songs such as Memphis in the Meantime, Thing Called Love, Lipstick Sunset Have a Little Faith in Me, Thank You Girl and Learning How to Love You. This Soundboard recording captures Hiatt on September 17, 1987, 27 years ago today, in Santa Fe, on tour in support of Bring The Family. Download this one, then come back tomorrow for part two of the “Same Tour, Different Show” entry.
IMPORTANT NOTE - I just found this show yesterday and it didn’t have come with a set list. I haven’t had a chance to listen to it completely, so I don’t know the proper song order. I decided to post it and just list the songs in alphabetical order. If someone who listens can figure out the correct set list, please post a comment here and I’ll update the post!



13 comments:
I love researching stuff like this. But despite Hiatt's considerable popularity, I cannot find a setlist for this show. Grrr.
Thanks for trying!
I was cooking up some tomatoes, basil and mozzarella when I remembered WXRT produced an UnConcert from Hiatt's 9/6/87 Chicago gig.
Sure enough, there in my cassette drawer was a lovely Maxell XL II 90 with a ten-song version produced expressly for and by 'XRT.
So if it's any help, what follows is the track listing. It might provide a framework from which to work:
01. Memphis in the Meantime
02. Thank You Girl
03. Doll Hospital
04. Lipstick Sunset
05. She Loves the Jerk
06. I Don't Even Try
07. Have a Little faith In Me
08. Thing Called Love
09. Your Dad Did
10. Riding with the King
Wow! Thanks so much. And wish you could turn that tape into digital format. We' d love to hear it
Thank you very much!
Hmm... "File expired" says Zippyshare. Pity. Btw, thanks for posting anyway :-). Seems there is always some unheard recordings of the best artists around here to explore, truly fascinating. /HB
new link is up! enjoy!
Buzzin' from that 1986 show an' now I need a re-up.
In the words of Sonny Boy Williamson, help me man.
My pleasure my good friend! Thanks for all the kind comments you post!
...and to you for all the music you post.
can you reupload please. Thanks in advance.
New link is up - enjoy
thank you very much
Post a Comment