Paul Simon
1991-09-27
Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles, CA
Soundboard Recording
192 kbps
Artwork Included
01. The Obvious Child
02. The Boy in the Bubble
03. She Moves On
04. Kodachrome
05. Born At The Right Time
06. Train in the Distance
07. Me & Julio Down By The Schoolyard
08. I Know What I Know
09. The Cool Cool River
10. Bridge Over Troubled Water
11. Proof
12. Michael Brecker Instrumental
13. The Coast
14. Graceland
15. You Can Call Me Al
16. Still Crazy After All These Years
17. Loves Me Like A Rock
18. Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes
19. Hearts and Bones
20. Late in the Evening
21. Gone at Last
22. America
23. The Boxer
24. Mrs. Robinson
25. The Sound of Silence
Paul Simon is a 2 time inductee into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, entering in 1990 for his work with Art Garfunkel and then again in 2001 as a solo artist. James Taylor inducted Simon & Garfunkel while Marc Anthony handled that task for Simon’s solo career. Both Simon & Garfunkel also made induction speeches on behalf of other winners, Paul on behalf of Neil Diamond and Stevie Wonder while Art handled that task for Cat Stevens.
The same year he was inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame, Paul Simon released the album Rhythm of The Saints, the follow up to his Grammy Award winning disc, Graceland. Whereas Graceland drew on African music for inspiration, Rhythm of The Saints featured Latin American influences. Rhythm of The Saints would be nominated for 2 Grammys, and rose to #4 on the Billboard charts, just one spot lower than Graceland’s peak position. In 1991, Simon launched a world tour in support of the album, which included a concert on the Great Lawn in Central Park on August 15 of that year for an audience of several hundred thousand. That show was officially released on both CD and VHS tape (though it never been re-released as DVD). About 6 weeks later, on September 27, 1991, 2 dozen years ago this very day. Simon took the tour to the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. Download this FM broadcast of that show to hear Simon play tunes from both Rhythm of The Saints and Graceland, some earlier solo material, and several S&G classics!



12 comments:
having trouble downloading from zippy share cant figure it out. anyway to change to deposit files or file factory, never have problems with those or mirror creator. any help would be appreciated Thanks
To download with zippyshre - just click on the link above which takes you to the zippy share page. Click on the big button with orange button that says DOWNLOAD NOW. That will start the download!
Great show! no problem with zippyshare! Thanks speedy!
Great show! no problem with zippyshare! Thanks speedy!
Thanks a lot for sharing all these great files.... I wish i could share something with you in return
A kind word like you just posted is all I need! Thanks!
Also this Zippyshare-dl-link is still working. Last night I grabbed it from Guitars 101. I already posted a comment there like I always do for putting all posts on the top of the line again! Really wonderful artwork for this GIG! Thanks and greetings from Mennek (I really know how much a little thanks is appriciated to the ul; but not many folks do take a minute of their time to do so. It is really a pity......
I duly want to have this Paul Simon cert. Zippysharylink has gone unfortunately also on G101. Any chance for a repost? I thank you in advance! Kind regards from Holland #Dude!
NEW LINK IS UP - ENJOY
This show seems to be missins
this show seems to be missing. Would you mind reposting?
New link is up - enjoy
Post a Comment