Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert
1995-09-02
Cleveland Stadium
Cleveland, OH
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Chuck Berry
01. Johnny B. Goode
Bon Jovi
01. With A Little Help From My Friends
Eric Burdon & Bon Jovi
01. It's My Life > We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
Al Green
01. Tired Of Being Alone
02. A Change Is Gonna Come
Johnny Cash
01. Folsom Prison Blues
02. John Mellencamp & Memphis Horns into
03. Ring Of Fire
John Fogerty
01. Born On The Bayou
02. Fortunate Son
Sheryl Crow
01. Let It Bleed
02. Get Off Of My Cloud
The Kinks
01. All Day & All Of The Night
02. Lola
Natalie Merchant
01. I Know How To Do It
Robbie Robertson
01. The Weight
Bruce Hornsby
01. Terrapin Station > I Know You Rider
02. Scarlet Begonias 01:29:00 -01:33:40
Booker T & The MGs and Sam Moore
01. Green Onions
02. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby
03. Hold On, I'm Coming
Slash & Boz Scaggs
01. Red House
Little Richard
01. Good Golly Miss Molly
02. Tutti Frutti
John Fogerty and Sam Moore
01. In The Midnight Hour
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
01. Dancing In The Street
Chuck Berry
01. Rock 'n Roll Music
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert - 1995-09-02 - Cleveland, OH (FM)
1995-09-02
Cleveland Stadium
Cleveland, OH
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
Chuck Berry
01. Johnny B. Goode
Bon Jovi
01. With A Little Help From My Friends
Eric Burdon & Bon Jovi
01. It's My Life > We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
Al Green
01. Tired Of Being Alone
02. A Change Is Gonna Come
Johnny Cash
01. Folsom Prison Blues
02. John Mellencamp & Memphis Horns into
03. Ring Of Fire
John Fogerty
01. Born On The Bayou
02. Fortunate Son
Sheryl Crow
01. Let It Bleed
02. Get Off Of My Cloud
The Kinks
01. All Day & All Of The Night
02. Lola
Natalie Merchant
01. I Know How To Do It
Robbie Robertson
01. The Weight
Bruce Hornsby
01. Terrapin Station > I Know You Rider
02. Scarlet Begonias 01:29:00 -01:33:40
Booker T & The MGs and Sam Moore
01. Green Onions
02. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby
03. Hold On, I'm Coming
Slash & Boz Scaggs
01. Red House
Little Richard
01. Good Golly Miss Molly
02. Tutti Frutti
John Fogerty and Sam Moore
01. In The Midnight Hour
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
01. Dancing In The Street
Chuck Berry
01. Rock 'n Roll Music
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert - 1995-09-02 - Cleveland, OH (FM)
While the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame foundation began in 1983 and inducted its first class in 1986, the organization didn’t have a physical structure to honor the inductees and tell the story of the music until 1995. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum opened in the city of Cleveland on September 1, 1995. The next night, September 2, 1995, 2 decades ago this very day, Cleveland Stadium hosted an All Star concert to commemorate the event, as captured in this FM Broadcast. A couple of notes
- The download has host of music from the show but is not complete
- The download includes a host of tracks that are simply crowd noise or tuning. You can clearly skip listening to those but I included them for completeness
- The Allman Brothers Band
- Alice In Chains
- Prince
- Chuck Berry
- Bon Jovi
- Booker T & The MGs
- James Brown
- Jackson Browne
- Eric Burdon
- Johnny Cash
- George Clinton,
- Sheryl Crow
- Dr Dre
- Dr John,
- Bob Dylan
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Melissa Etheridge
- John Fogerty,
- Aretha Franklin
- Gin Blossoms
- Al Green
- Carole King
- Heart
- Bruce Hornsby
- The Kinks
- Annie Lennox
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- Little Richard
- Martha Reeves and The Vandellas
- John Mellencamp
- Natalie Merchant
- Sam Moore
- Iggy Pop
- The Pretenders
- Lou Reed
- Robbie Robertson
- Boz Skaggs
- Slash
- Soul Asylum
- Eric Clapton
- John Lee Hooker
- Jimmy Page
- Bonnie Raitt
- Snoop Dog
- Pete Townshend
- Neil Young



11 comments:
I have a more complete copy in 224k mp3. Let me know if you want me to upload to a personal storage location somewhere. Can't remember anything about the original source but I do remember it all sounding good the last time I listened. Here's the full track list I have. Looks like my copy is missing the Little Richard, John Fogerty, Martha Reeves near the end.
01 - Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode.mp3
02 - John Mellencamp - R O C K In The USA.mp3
03 - John Mellencamp, Martha Reeves - Wild Nights.mp3
04 - Bon Jovi - With A Little Help From My Friends.mp3
05 - Bon Jovi, Eric Burdon - It's My Life.mp3
06 - Melissa Etheridge - Be My Baby.mp3
07 - Melissa Etheridge - Love Child.mp3
08 - Melissa Etheridge - Leader Of The Pack.mp3
09 - Dr. John - Blueberry Hill.mp3
10 - Dr. John - What I Say.mp3
11 - Al Green - Tired Of Being Alone.mp3
12 - Al Green - A Change Is Gonna Come.mp3
13 - The Pretenders - My City Was Gone.mp3
14 - The Pretenders - The Needle And The Damage Done.mp3
15 - Johnny Cash - Fultsum Prison Blues.mp3
16 - Johnny Cash, John Mellencamp - Ring Of Fire.mp3
17 - Jackson Browne - Redemption Song.mp3
18 - Jackson Browne - Tracks Of My Tears.mp3
19 - Jackson Browne, Melissa Etheridge - Wake Up Little Suzie.mp3
20 - Aretha Franklin - Can't Turn You Loose.mp3
21 - Aretha Franklin - Natural Woman.mp3
22 - Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love.mp3
23 - John Fogerty - Born On The Bayou.mp3
24 - John Fogerty - Fortunate Son.mp3
25 - Iggy Pop, Soul Asylum - Backdoor Man.mp3
26 - Lou Reed, Soul Asylum - Sweet Jane.mp3
27 - Gin Blossoms - Wait.mp3
28 - Gin Blossoms - Feel A Whole Lot Better.mp3
29 - Sheryl Crow - Let It Bleed.mp3
30 - Sheryl Crow - Get Off My Cloud.mp3
31 - George Clinton, P Funk - Thank You For Lettin Me Be Myself Again.mp3
32 - George Clinton, P Funk - I Want To Take You Higher.mp3
33 - The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night.mp3
34 - The Kinks - Lola.mp3
35 - Heart - The Battle Of Evermore.mp3
36 - Heart - Love Hurts.mp3
37 - Bruce Springsteen - Shake Rattle And Roll.mp3
38 - Bruce Springsteen - Bo Diddly, She's The One.mp3
39 - Jerry Lee Lewis, Bruce Springsteen - Great Balls Of Fire.mp3
40 - Bruce Springsteen - Darkness On The Edge Of Town.mp3
41 - Natalie Merchant - I Know How To Do It.mp3
42 - Robbie Robertson - The Weight.mp3
43 - Bruce Hornsby - When I'm Gone.mp3
44 - Bruce Hornsby - Heart Of The Gold Band.mp3
45 - Bruce Hornsby - Intro.mp3
46 - Bruce Hornsby - Terrapin Station.mp3
47 - Bruce Hornsby - I Know You Rider.mp3
48 - Bruce Hornsby - Scarlet Begonias.mp3
49 - Bob Dylan - All Along The Watch Tower.mp3
50 - Bob Dylan - Just Like A Woman.mp3
51 - Bob Dylan - The Real You At Last.mp3
52 - Bob Dylan - Highway 61.mp3
53 - Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen - Forever Young.mp3
54 - Booker T and the MG's - Green Onions.mp3
55 - Sam Moore - When Something's Wrong.mp3
56 - Sam Moore - Hold On.mp3
57 - Allman Brothers - Blue Sky.mp3
58 - Allman Brothers - Midnight Rider.mp3
59 - Allman Brothers - One Way Out.mp3
60 - Bon Jovi, Ritchie Sambora - Imagine.mp3
61 - Boz Scaggs, Slash - Red House.mp3
62 - James Brown - It's A Man's World.mp3
63 - James Brown - I Feel Good.mp3
64 - Led Zeppelin, Neil Young - When The Levee Breaks (Video).mp3
65 - Chuck Berry, Bruce Springsteen, Melissa Etheridge - Rock & Roll Music.mp3
Wow! If you could upload that and leave the link in the comments, I'd really appreciate it, as I'm sure so many other folks would as well!
I had an official release of this, or two discs worth, back about 15 or 16 years ago. It wasn't complete, but I remember it had Dylan doing All Along the Watchtower, Jerry Lee's Great Balls of Fire, Iggy Pop doing Backdoor Man, Jackson Browne doing Redemption Song, the Boss doing Shake Rattle and Roll -- and some more. Can't remember every bit of it, but it was a two-CD set. I got it from one of those mail order CD clubs, like Columbia House or something like that, back when I was in high school.
Oooo, this looks GOOD! Thanks speedy! And if you're able to post Ann's full version sometime, all the better! :)
I'll give it a try during the next few days and leave another comment to let you know how it went.
Thanks!
I just created a free Mega account and uploaded my more complete version here:
https://mega.nz/#F!ek8FCLCC!HoY-Ex3upq_Jnh1TayVFdg
Please let me know if this work or if there are any problems getting it. This is my first time trying to share anything with Mega so I'm still not sure if this is going to work.
By the way, I was actually at the Hall Of Fame grand opening concert. I won a phone-in trivia contest in the Washington Post and won a trip to Cleveland for the museum grand opening and concert. The entire show was great. The two transcendent moments that stick with me the most are Bruce Springsteen's reunion set with the E Street Band and the duet with Al Green and Aretha Franklin. The best way for me to describe that duet is first try to imagine how powerful it would feel if you were watching them sing right in front of you at a small local church, then try to imagine that power being strong enough to fill a whole football stadium with 50,000 or more people sharing that feeling all at once. That memory still makes my hair stand on end in a good way 20 years later.
Thank you both for the links!! I have been looking for this forever!
Ann,
A big "Thank You" for your efforts on this.
PaulG
Ann -
It worked! Thanks so much!
Speedy
Good deal. Enjoy it and please feel free to share. I'll probably take this copy down eventually, but don't let that stop you from reposting to share with all your friends and blog readers.
I still don't think we have a complete version yet because I remember hearing a few more songs that aren't in either of these sets. But that was twenty years ago and my memory might be a little foggy from one or two distractions since then. If you combine all the different songs from these two sets, however, that would be very close to the complete concert.
Post a Comment