Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pink Floyd – 1994-09-13 – Torino, Italy (SBD)

Pink Floyd
1994-09-13
Lo Stadio Delle Alpi
Torino, Italy
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Introduction
02. Astronomy Domine
03. Learning To Fly
04. What Do You Want From Me?
05. On The Turning Away
06. Take It Back
07. A Great Day For Freedom
08. Sorrow
09. Keep Talking
10. One Of These Days
11. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts I- V, VII

CD 2:
01. Breathe
02. Time
03. High Hopes
04. The Great Gig In The Sky
05. Wish You Were Here
06. Us And Them
07. Money
08. Another Brick In The Wall Part II
09. Comfortably Numb
10. Hey You
11. Run Like Hell

Pink Floyd – 1994-09-13 – Torino, Italy (SBD)

Pink Floyd joined the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1996, the same year as David Bowie, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Jefferson Airplane, Little Willie John, The Shirelles and The Velvet Underground. Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins inducted the band. Roger Waters did not attend, as he was still feuding with David Gilmour and the rest of Pink Floyd, though they would eventually patch things up and play together at Live 8. This recording, however, predates their reconciliation and comes from the same year they were inducted. In March 1994, Pink Floyd launched their Division Bell tour in support of their recently released album of the same name. By the time the tour concluded on October 29 of that year, the band had played in front of 5.5 million fans in 68 cities. The concerts featured even more impressive special effects than the previous tour, including two custom designed airships. The tour grossed over $250 million, setting a record at the time. At some shows, the band played Dark Side of The Moon in its entirety for the first time since 1975! This soundboard, from September 13, 1994 from Torino Italy, 21 years ago today, captures Pink Floyd near the end of the tour. Who knew at the time that their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame would coincide with what would be the last Pink Floyd tour ever!


25 comments:

scousemike said...

Hi Speedy, Many thanks for this one. I am a huge Floyd fan & this one is special. Fantastic sound quality & Floyd at their best. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't got this in their collection.

speedymjb said...

Thanks scousemike! Glad you are enjoying this one!

Anonymous said...

Speedy,

Thanks for all the great music and interesting perspective....Keep it up

ccdonah

Anonymous said...

Gracias.
Héctor Cervantes
México.

Andy said...

Hi Speedy,
Wonderful sound on this one. Thanks very much for sharing it!

Best wishes,
Andy.

speedymjb said...

My pleasure Andy! Glad you enjoyed!

jordan said...

Thanks speedy! I can't wait to hear this one.

Anonymous said...

Speedy Thanks Fantastic show,, Disk 2 track 8 seems to be damaged on my download.. Is it me or the recording, Thanks

speedymjb said...

Glad you enjoyed. I justtested the track in question and it plays fine. perhaps try downloading it again?

Anonymous said...

Speedy,
Downloaded it again and still the same problem with track #8 Another Brick In The wall..last minute or so of the track
Thanks

speedymjb said...

Thanks for double checking. I'll take another look and see if I can fix it or upload a better copy!

Anonymous said...

Speedy any luck at finding a better copy of Disk 2

Thanks

speedymjb said...

Sorry -- have been crazy busy at work so haven't even had a chance to look. I'l get to it - just may take some time.

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing, just amazing (and I'm a sound snob) I can't stop listnening! Thank you

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with some of the above. Just downloaded this today and it sounds great! The only flaw is track 8 it stops working about halfway through and skips to the next song. Other then that great up Speedy! Thanks!
Beaker

Rochacrimson said...

Pleaseeee a new link!!!

speedymjb said...

New link is up!

Rochacrimson said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Please a new link!!! Thank you for all the great posts!

speedymjb said...

new links are up! enjoy!

Narrow Dog said...

Hi Speedy, for some reason chrome keeps blocking this file. Any ideas. All the others on Zippy are fine.

speedymjb said...

I just tested this using chrome and its working fine. Its a sendspace link. Be sure you UNCHECK the box that says use sendspace download accelerator before trying to download it.

Narrow Dog said...

Thanks for replying speedy, I don't use the download manager and it downloads most of the way then just blocks it near the end (tried it twice). I am using windows 10 and I wonder if that is causing the problem. Will try again and let you know.

speedymjb said...

By the way - i always use firefox for uploads and downloads and rarely run into issues. That might be another way to go,

Narrow Dog said...

hi Speedy,

Just tried again and it failed. as mentioned it is blocked just before the download with the following message. 'May harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it'.

Thanks for helping, this is the first time I have had this hassle will look for this file on guitars 101.

Post a Comment