Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Van Morrison - 1973-07-24 - London, UK (FM)

Van Morrison
1973-07-24
Rainbow Theatre
London, UK
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Warm Love
02. Take your Hands Out Of My Pocket
03. Here Comes The Night
04. I Just Want To Make Love To You
05. Brown Eyed Girl
06. Moonshine Whiskey
07. Moondance
08. Help Me
09. Domino
10. Caravan
11. Cyprus Avenue
12. Wild Night
13. I Paid The Price
14. Saint Dominic's Preview
15. Gloria


In May 1973, Van Morrison launched a 3 month tour of the US and Europe, accompanied by with his legendary backing band, the Caledonia Soul Orchestra. Music historians often label these shows as among the finest of his long storied career. Even the fickle Morrison seems to agree, having said at the time that “I am getting more into performing. It's incredible. When I played Carnegie Hall in the fall something just happened. All of a sudden I felt like 'you're back into performing' and it just happened like that...A lot of times in the past I've done gigs and it was rough to get through them. But now the combination seems to be right and it's been clicking a lot.” The concert performances were described by writer Erik Hage as "sequences of a young soul lion whipping the crowd into a frenzy and then stopping on a dime—teasing out anticipation, rushing, receding, and coaxing every drop out of his band." The tour produced the album It’s Too Late To Stop Now, which critics have hailed as one of the finest live discs ever recorded. Of course, on the heels of that success, in typical Van fashion, he abruptly went in a different direction, disbanding the Caledonia Soul Orchestra just 3 months after the tour ended. This FM broadcast captures Van during that legendary tour, in London on July 24, 1973, 46 years ago this very day. Download this one to hear Van the Man at his peak.

4 comments:

juan manuel muñoz said...

wow, wow, and more wow, thanks my bro, great album, great blog. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, as always!

Trivial Tony said...

Hi, may I ask if you'd revive this link? I'm going to ask for another Van Morrison from the same year, as this was this year of It's Too Late to Stop Now which is one of the five greatest live albums. Thanks for all you do here!

speedymjb said...

New link is up - enjoy

Post a Comment