Bruce Cockburn
1991-10-29
Intimate & Interactive
MUCH Music Studio
CHUM City Building
Toronto, Canada
CHUM-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Dream Like Mine
02. Candyman's Gone
03. (If I Had A) Rocket Launcher
04. Foxglove
05. Soul Of A Man
06. Somebody Touched Me
07. Stolen Land
08. Mighty Trucks Of Midnight
CANADA - Bruce Cockburn was born in Canada in 1945, and established a strong following in that country after he began his musical career. He didn’t have much impact in the US until 1980 when his single, Wondering Where The Lions Are, went to #21 on the Billboard charts. His 1984 album Stealing Fire, produced the well know singles Lovers In A Dangerous Time and If I Had A Rocket Launcher. While I owned that disc, I soon lost touch with Cockburn’s music, moving on to other bands. I reconnected with his material, however, in the early 1990s, thanks to Jerry Garcia. At a concert at Madison Square Garden in November 1991, I heard Garcia play a wonderful tune called Waiting On A Miracle. Knowing it wasn’t a Jerry original, I did some research, and lo and behold, learned it was written by Cockburn about the revolution in Nicaragua. As long time readers of this blog know, I have always credited the Dead for introducing me to a host of music and styles that I might never otherwise learned about. This FM broadcast captures Cockburn on his home turf in Canada on October 29, 1991, 29 years ago today. If you’re not familiar with his work, download this give it a listen - I think you’ll be very surprised and pleased.



3 comments:
may I ask for a second re-up? thank you
New link is up - enjoy!
thank you for the speedy re-up
Post a Comment