Warren Haynes -
with National Symphony Orchestra
2013-06-26
Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration
Filene Center at Wolf Trap
Vienna, VA
ALD Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set
01. Orchestra Set Up & Introduction
02. Dark Star
03. Bird Song
04. Crazy Fingers
05. Ship Of Fools
06. Scarlet Begonias
07. Shakedown Street
08. China Cat Sunflower > Morning Dew
2nd Set
09. Orchestra Set Up
10. High Time
11. Russian Lullaby
12. Uncle John's Band
13. West L.A. Fadeaway
14. Terrapin Station
15. Slipknot
16. Band Intros
17. Patchwork Quilt
18. Stella Blue
Today we bring you Warren Haynes from Virginia on June 25, 2013, 9 years ago today with a post that once again demonstrates how the legacy of 1967 lives on here in the 21st century. Haynes, who played guitar for the Allman Brothers and Gov't Mule has a long history of connections to Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead. His tune, Patchwork Quilt, is a tribute to Jerry, mentioning how the Allmans were at Jones Beach the night Jerry died. From 1999 to 2001, Haynes played guitar for Phil Lesh and Friends. Then in 2004 and 2009, He also played with The Dead, one of the several post Grateful Dead incarnations of the band. Haynes also performed at the 2005 Come A Time Tribute that marked the 10th anniversary of Garcia's passing. Warren's Sympnonic Celebration concerts, such as the one in this post, featured his interpertation of Garcia's music, backed by a Symphony Orchestra, At many of the those shows, Haynes played Garcia’s famed Wolf guitar. The spirit of 67 lives on!

4 comments:
Hi Speedy, Been keeping very busy. My youngest daughter had Ovarian cancer 10 yrs ago. We prayed she was Ok. Now she is undergoing chemo treatments for breast cancer & has to have a double mastectomy. She is 41 & her 3 girls are in their 20's. If I keep busy, I won't get sick again. I pray all the time I am working in the gardens. That's why I haven't been posting much. That comp is really good, esp. The PR bonus tracks on disc 3. Have a nice night. jimg.
@jimg - stay well and healthy my friend, Enjoy your garden. And my prayers go out yo your daughter
Thanks, I knew I could count on you. Please let the rest of the Cave know. Have a nice day. Keep up the prayers, PLEASE!!!
Still saying prayers and asked the CAVE to do likewise!
Post a Comment