Paul McCartney
2008-06-14
Ukraine Independence Concert
Kiev, Ukraine
Soundboard Recording
128 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Drive My Car
02. Jet
03. All My Loving
04. Only Mama Knows
05. Flaming Pie
06. Got To Get You Into My Life
07. Let Me Roll It
08. C Moon
09. My Love
10. Let 'Em In
11. The Long And Winding Road
12. Dance Tonight
13. Blackbird
14. Calico Skies
15. I'll Follow The Sun
16. Mrs Vanderbilt
17. Eleanor Rigby
18. Something
19. Good Day Sunshine
20. Penny Lane
21. Band On The Run
22. Birthday
23. Back In The USSR
24. I Got A Feeling
25. Live And Let Die
26. Let It Be
27. Hey Jude
28. A Day In The Life > Give Peace A Chance
29. Lady Madonna
30. Get Back
31. I Saw Her Standing There
32. Yesterday
33. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
I've seen Sir Paul 9 times, and the last 4, in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2022, I went with both my wife and my twin boys. We started that run back in June 2015, a Father's Day show in Philadelphia, which was also the first concert my boys ever went to! The set list that night included the tune Macca wrote for Destiny, one of my boy's favorite video games. We followed that up with an August 7, 2016 show at Giants Stadium on what what would have been my Dad's 83rd birthday had he not passed away in 2012. Sir Paul broke out Birthday that night, the first time I had ever heard him play that song live. Then on September 15, 2017, at Madison Square Garden on my Mom's 85th birthday, Paul entertained us as almost no other performer can, telling stories, paying tribute to lost friends and lovers, playing over 40 songs scanning almost 60 years of musical history. He played Jet, my boy's favorite McCartney tune, a song that had been missing from the 2 previous shows they attended. And then, as I mentioned in my Springsteen post earlier this month, he brought Bruce and Miami Steve on stage for what turned out to be back to back renditions of I Saw Her Standing There. Most recently, just about a year ago on June 16, 2022, the 4 of us Saw Sir Paul at Met Life stadium, just 2 days before his 80th birthday! Another 3 hour masterpiece, and another guest appearance by Springsteen, for 2 songs, his Glory Days and The Beatles I Wanna Be Your Man, plus he sat in during the closing Abbey Road medley to add some blistering guitar work. The encore included a 2nd guest appearance, by a virtual John Lennon. using footage from the Rooftop Concert, Paul and John did a virtual duet onI've Got A Feeling, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Given Sir Paul's age, I may never get to see him live again, but the memories, especially from the last 4 shows, will last forever.
This soundboard recording captures Sir Paul on June 14, 2008, 15 years ago today performing before a crowd of 350,000 in Independence Square in Kiev. In addition, an estimated audience of 10 million watched the live TV broadcast of the show. The Independence Concert was the brainchild of Ukrainian billionaire businessman Viktor Pinchuk, who organized the event to promote the ideals that helped end the cold war. The concert slso served as a charity event to raise funds to buy equipment to help diagnose cancer in children. Torrential rain and lighting throughout the day threatened to end the show before it even started, but miraculously, the weather cleared just as Sir Paul took the stage.



2 comments:
Link dead, please re-load this, thanx...
new link is up! enjoy!
Post a Comment