Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, June 1, 2023

The Holmes Brothers - 1996-06-01 - Glens Falls NY (SBD)

The Holmes Brothers
1996-06-01
Blues Fest Crandell Park
Glens Falls NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Big Boss Man
02. Hi Heeled Sneakers
03. Baby What You Want Me To Do
04. Whole Lotta Shakin Going On
05. Got My Self Togher
06. I've Had My Fun
07. Amazing Grace
08. Do Lord Do You Rember Me
09. The New & Improved Me
10. So Long Baby
11. Bright Lights Big City
12. Jesus Is On The Main Line
13. Stormy Monday
14. Your Good For Me
15. I Feel Like Praising Me


If you look at the page on this blog where I list all the concerts I've attended, you won't see any mention of the Fabulous Holmes Brothers. That's because I saw them so many times, at so many different blues clubs in New York City in the late 1980s that I lost count. I also had no idea that they would ever make it nationally, so I didn't think of documenting every concert like I did with other bands. In any event for those of you unfamiliar with them, the New York Times described the band as playing “Timeless, deeply soulful and uplifting gospel-drenched blues, street corner doo-wop, ballads, R&B, country and funk." This soundboard recording captures the Holmes Brothers in Glen Falls, on June 1, 1996, 27 years ago this very day.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you. Nothing like a good bar band.

Post a Comment