Hall & Oates
1977-06-24
Baltimore Civic Center
Baltimore, MD
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Introduction > Back Together Again
02. Rich Girl
03. Band Chatter
04. Can't Stop The Music
05. Do What You Want, Be What You Are
06. Lady Rain
07. Falling
08. Camellia
09. You're Much Too Soon
10. Is It A Star (Incomplete)
11. I'm Just A Kid …
12. Sara Smile
13. She's Gone
14. Abandoned Luncheonette
15. Band Intros
16. Ennui On The Mountain
17. Gino (The Manager)
18. Crowd
19. Room To Breathe
20. Johnny Gore And The "C" Eaters
I saw Hall & Oates twice in the late 1970s, both times at the Garden State Art Center - my second concert ever in June 1977 and then again in September 1978. While my buddies and I were big fans of the songs Sara Smile and She's Gone. with the exception of Rich Girl, I don't really care for any of the 6 tunes that the duo took to #1 on the Billboard charts. In any event, soon after seeing them for the 2nd time, my musical tastes moved in new directions.
Incredibly, this FM broadcast captures the duo the day after the first fime I saw them, in Baltimore on June 24, 1977, 46 years ago today!



8 comments:
you put the link with the bruce sprinsteen connection,anyway,
thank you,i love hall & oates
This one's vbr rather than 320; also track 20 isn't included - but it's a good show - nice to have something from this era. Definitely worth a download! Thanks.
Hi Speedy
My thanks for this one - great show, great sound...
best to you and the family
staffie
My pleasure staffie! Hope all is well with you my good friend!
This is a great one. Thanks Speedy!
I have seen H&O only one time, in 1996, which was a great show. I was excited to see them again in the early 2000s at an outdoor "beach" concert here in Las Vegas, at the Mandalay Bay Hotel Casino. But the concert gods had something else in mind. A crazy, huge summer storm hit just before the concert was due to begin. We were rained out with thunder and lightening and ran indoors, soaked to the bone. So only saw them one time!!
@GMAN - great story though I'm sorry you didn't get to see the show
Thanks for this speedy!
Post a Comment