Grateful Dead
1991-06-09
Buckeye Lake Music Center
Hebron, OH
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. Picasso Moon
02. Sugaree
03. New Minglewood Blues
04. Ramble On Rose
05. When I Paint My Masterpiece
06. Reuben And Cherise
07. Let It Grow
2nd Set:
01. Samson And Delilah
02. Crazy Fingers >
03. Playing In the Band >
04. He's Gone >
05. Jam >
06. Drums >
07. Space >
08. The Other One >
09. Wharf Rat >
10. Around And Around
Encore:
01. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
On September 3, 1977, I attended my first Grateful Dead concert - me, my buddies and 150,000 others at Englishtown NJ, the largest concert in the state's history. The day was hot - over 100 degrees - and the band was even hotter. Another performance that added to the legend of 1977. I would see 49 more after that, at least 1 show every year except 1982, 1984, 1986 and 1992, with the last show being June 18, 1995, just 2 month's before we lost Jerry Garcia. My long strange trip with the Dead was short compared to folks who saw hundreds of concerts, but it was memorable, as over dozen shows that I attended were good enough to be officially released. It's been 28 years since we lost Jerry, and I still miss the magic.
Speaking of magic, this soundboardr ecording captures the Grateful Dead on June 9, 199, 32 years ago today, during their last great run, a 3year stretch from 1989 to 1991 that we've discussed in depth on this blog on numerous occasions.



0 comments:
Post a Comment