Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 16, 2023

America - 1999-06-16 - Baden-Württemberg, Germany (FM)

America
1999-06-16
TV-Studio 5
Baden-Baden, Germany 
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Riverside 
02. Ventura Highway 
03. You Can Do Magic 
04. Daisy Jane 
05. Three Roses 
06. Pages 
07. Wheels Are Turning 
08. Tin Man 
09. Only In Your Heart 
10. Lonely People 
11. The Last Unicorn 
12. From A Moving Train 
13. Sandman 
14. Sister Golden Hair 
15. A Horse With No Name 


On April 22, 2016, I saw America for the 2nd time, at a show in Morrstown NJ. That was 38 years after that first time I saw them, in June 1978 at the Garden State Ats Center in NJ. That's the 2nd longest gap between concerts for any band that I've seen live,  The longest gap was between Pat Benatar shows - 4 decaders frm 1981 to 202!.

Thios FM broadcast captures America in Germany on June 16, 1999, 2 dozen years ago this very day!







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the link is dead or extrememly slow

speedymjb said...

Just test ed it - it takes a few seconds to start the download but its working. try using Chrome as your browser if you are having issues

PaulG said...

Link is still dead on most tries. Occasionally it starts to download but at way too slow a speed. For perspective the David Crosby post from today started right up and downloaded in 30 seconds on CHROME.

speedymjb said...

I din;t usually replace working links but I made an exception in this case. Hopefully it goes a little faster now. Unfortunately, I can't control the speed of free downlaod sites. Sometimes they're qucik, sometimes not.

Anonymous said...

Hi Speedy! I hope all is well and thank you for posting the America show. My friend Sue just lost her brother about a month ago and they both loved America so that made her happy. Thank you for all you do my friend!

Steve

Stewart said...

Excited to see this pop up - thank you for sharing!

speedymjb said...

My sympathies. I hope the the music hellps your friend Sue heal

PaulG said...

Working fine now. Thanks so much for this and all the other great sounds.

Post a Comment