Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Neil Young - 1989-06-06 - Stanhope, NJ (Ex Aud)

Neil Young
1989-06-06 
Waterloo Village
Stanhope, NJ
Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. My My Hey Hey*
02. Rockin' In The Free World
03. Comes A Time
04. Sugar Mountain
05. Pocahontas
06. Helpless
07. Crime In The City
08. For The Turnstiles
09. Nothing Is Perfect
10. Roll Another Number
11. Too Far Gone
12. This Note's For You
13. The Needle And The Damage Done
14. No More
15. After The Goldrush
16. One Of These Days
17. Heart Of Gold
18. Ohio
19. Rockin' In The Free World
20. Powderfinger


Over the years I've seen Neil 6 times - 3 acoustic shows, 2 electric shows and once with CSNY. I've seen him play quiet, heartfelt. spare renditions of his tunes,and I've seen him stomp around, backed by Crazy Horse. like a man possessed, living up to his nickname as the Godfather of Grunge. I've seen him perform the rock opera Greendale and I've seen him help turbo charge on again, off again band mates Crosby, Stills and Nash. No matter what, one thing remained constant in all these performances - Neil stays true to himself and plays what moves him at the moment. 

This excellent audience recording captures an acoustic Neil performance, exactly 3  months before I saw him for the first time, and 34 years ago today, in Stanhope on June 6, 1989.


3 comments:

Taylor said...

Looking forward to hearing this - you don't see "For The Turnstiles" played live that much!

Anonymous said...

Don't age us too much. It was only 34 years ago . . .

speedymjb said...

Thanks - all fixed - I hate math!

Post a Comment