Coming Attractions

From September 22 to 30, we'll bring you:
Gregg Allman, Greg Kihn, Plant & Page, the Grateful Dead, Eric Clapton, Steve Miller, the Hurricane Andrew Relief concert, Spin Doctors, Graham Parker, Bill Graham Tribute Concert, the Grateful Dead, and John Hiatt!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Allman Brothers Band - 1973-06-09 - Washington DC (SBD)

Allman Brothers Band
1973-06-09
RFK Stadium
Washington Dc
Soundboard Recording
256 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Wasted Words
02. Done Somebody Wrong
03. One Way Out
04. Stormy Monday
05. Midnight Rider
06. Ramblin' Man
07. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

CD 2:
01. Tuning
02. Statesboro Blues
03. Trouble No More
04. Jessica
05. You Don't Love Me
06. Southbound

CD 3:
01. Les Brers in A Minor
02. Whipping Post
03. Mountain Jam (with Bob Weir and Robbie Montrose )


In 1971, the Allman Brothers lost founder, spiritual leader and guitar virtuoso, Duane Allman, in a motor cycle accident. In 1972, another motorcycle accident, just blocks from where Duane died, claimed the life of bassist Berry Oakley. Those twin losses would have finished most bands. The Allmans, like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, however, somehow reached new heights of success and popularity in 1973. The single Rambling Man reached #2 of the Billboard charts, and helped spur interest in other Southern rock bands, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Marshall Tucker Band. In the summer of 1973, the Allmans toured with The Grateful Dead, culminating in the massive Summer Jam festival at Watkins Glen, where over 600,000 fans turned out to see the 2 acts, along with The Band. While the Watkins Glen show was an historic moment, many say that the June 9 and 10 shows at RFK Stadium, featured better playing by both bands. This post contains a soundboard recording of The Allmans set from June 9, 1973, 46 years ago today. Download this one, then come back tomorrow for the Allmans and The Dead from June 10, 1973.



23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great show! thanks for this one.

Anonymous said...

A good ABB from a sbd,thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Thanks again.

jordan said...

I've only listened to "Wasted Words" so far,but this is super-fine! Thanks again,Speedy and,yes,I'll be back tomorrow.
P.S. While looking through my old music,I found a Jerry Garcia show (solo,I think) from 4-10-82 in Passaic,NJ. Let me know if you're interested. I think I also have one from NYC in January of 1986.

speedymjb said...

Glad you enjoyed Jordan. Would love both shows! Justpost a link on in a comment where I can down load them. Thanks!

snakeboy said...

Thought I'd listen to this before I left a comment. Wow, just...wow.
Thank you.

speedymjb said...

Glad you enjoyed! Download the Dead show as well from 6-10. The whole show is excellent but the last set, with members of the Allmans sitting in with the Dead, is amazing!

Anonymous said...

♪♫♪♫ Les Brers in A Minor ♪♫♫♫♪
what a amazing tune ♪♫♫♫
thank ♫♪♪

jordan said...

OK Speedy. As soon as I get them on Mediafire,I'll get the links to you.

speedymjb said...

Thanks Jordan. And don't forget to download the GD show from 06-10-1973!

jordan said...

OK Speedy. Here's the link for the solo Garcia show from 4-10-82.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcmz3nozo2d

And I will certainly get the 6-10-73 show when I get home from work. Thanks!

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the link Jordan!

Tennesseefred said...

Thanks Speedy. Grabbing the Dead show from the next night too!! :-)

juan manuel muñoz said...

wow, what a concert, many thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi I Cant Seem to get any of the links to work for this show - actally both of the Dead hows and the Allmans of The 9th

I would be really grateful for a fresh upload

Great Great Site Thanks

speedymjb said...

New link is up. I'll get to the Allmans from June 10 and the Dead from both June 9 and 10th shortly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reposting! I was at this show. Took a train w/ some friends from NJ. Lots of fans on that train. I do remember it was very hot & humid there, with reflective "blankets" over much of both bands equipment. We couldn't stay for day #2, but had a great time at this one.

gmerciez said...

Files no longer on server.

speedymjb said...

I'll be re3porsting this (and the June 10 show) in June - stoop back then to download it

Anonymous said...

The day I was born! Secretariat won the Belmont Stakes this day to win the Triple Crown as well -- first one since 1948!

Spensersdada said...

So cool. Thanks a lot.

speedymjb said...

Spensersdada - you're welcome and thanks for al the kind comments you posted!

Speedy

BRITISHROCK said...

This is just superb. I didn't realise this recording existed. Many thanks for posting.

Post a Comment