Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sting - 1987-12-11 - Buenos Aires (FM)

Sting
1987-12-11
River Plate Stadium
Buenos Aires, Argentina
FM Broadcast
128 Kbps
Artwork Included

01. Introduction > The Lazarus Heart
02. Too Much Information
03. We'll Be Together
04. Driven To Tears
05. Consider Me Gone
06. Englishman In New York
07. Sister Moon
08. Rock Steady
09. Spirits In The Material World
10. If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
11. Straight To My Heart
12. They Dance Alone
13. Bring On The Night > When The World Is Running Down
14. History Will Teach Us Nothing > Get Up Stand Up
15. Fragile
16. Little Wing
17. Roxanne
18. Fortress Around Your Heart
19. Don't Stand So Close To Me
20. Message In A Bottle

Sting - 1987-12-11 - Buenos Aires (FM)

In October 1987, Sting released his second solo album, Nothing Like The Sun, an album influenced by two major events in his life. The first event was the death of his mother in late 1986, which contributed to the somber tone of the album. Songs such as Be Still My Beating Heart and The Lazarus Heart deal with the subjects of life, love and death. The second event was his participation in an Amnesty International tour, which brought him to parts of Latin America where government oppression was commonplace. He wrote the song, They Dance Alone, after witnessing public demonstrations of grief by the wives and daughters of men who had tortured and murdered by the country’s military dictatorship. The women danced the cueca (the traditional dance of Chile) by themselves, with photos of their loved ones pinned to their clothes. Not every song on the album, however, was related to these 2 events. The tunes Englishman in New York and Sister Moon continue the jazz influenced sound from his first album, while the hit single, We’ll Be Together, featured a prominent dance beat. The disc also included a cover of Jimi Hendrix's Little Wing, the only tune on the album that Sting did not write.  This FM broadcast of Stings concert from Buenos Aires on December 11, 1987, 26 years ago today, captures him playing the Hendrix classic live.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Speedy,
You don't have to post this just thought I'd give you a heads up that some internet asshole went after Just Dave's blog and got it taken down.

I would have sent you an email but I couldn't find a contact option on here.

Dave sent me an email explaining everything that happened.

Beaker.

Anonymous said...

Okay never mind I saw your post after I sent that lol!

Beaker

Unknown said...

Update: Just Dave is working on a new blog! He has 500 posts up at the moment and will release new web address soon! :)

Beaker

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about dave, hopefully he can right the ship, Love early sting and of course the police so thank you for this great post. I have noticed that over the course of time there have been many comments as to the use of overdubs and or edits in official live releases,I find this very disturbing and dishonest to the buying public. Why do you feel that this is done, is it the artist or the record companies that choose to do this and how do you find out before buying a live album or cd if it has been tampered with. There are some cds that I want to purchase but am afraid to because of this overdub possibility. Led Zeps how the west was won as well as the whos recent release of their hub show from 1970 are two shows that sound unbelievable .but am I getting the real show and is there a way to find out ,please respond and once again thank you for posting REAL music

speedymjb said...

Thanks for the kind words! The overdub issue comes up often. Only thing I can suggest is google the album on oline ans ee what you can find out. Sometimes it's the artist, sometimes it's the record company, that insists on the overdubs bu I've learned not to worry about it, I simply collect live shows where I know its not an issue.

Anonymous said...

I know that a while back you had posted the complete David Bowie show from Nassau 1976 and had to remove it once you found out it was official, only wish I had downloaded it before it was removed, Heard that the official had some edits not sure about overdubs. Santa Monica was officially released recently and while it sounds raw I also have a bootleg copy and a lot of the banter between David and the crowd was removed. If a post has to be removed then it should get a true official release and that means no edits or overdubs

Spensersdada said...

Thank you tons for this one

Post a Comment