The Byrds
1970-12-06
New Paltz, NY
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Lover Of The Bayou
02. You Ain`t Going Nowhere
03. Positively Fourth Street
04. Old Blue
05. My Back Pages
06. Baby What You Want Me To Do
07. Home Sweet Home
08. Black Mountain Rag
09. Mr.Tambourine Man
10. Take A Whiff On Me
11. Jesus Is Just Alright > Eight Miles High
The Byrds - 1970-12-06 - New Paltz, NY (SBD)
The Byrds were an immensely talented and influential band that composed such rock classics as I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better, Eight Miles High, So You Want to Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star, Ballad of Easy Rider and Chestnut Mare. They blended folk, country rock and psychedelic music into a unique sound highlighted by distinct harmonies and Roger McGuinn’s 12 string Rickenbacker guitar. Yet for all their innovations, the band is probably best known for a pair of cover tunes, their versions of Pete Seger’s Turn Turn Turn and Bob Dylan’s Mr Tamborine Man. Both of those tunes went to #1 on the Billboard charts in 1965. This soundboard recording of The Byrds from December 12, 1970, 43 years ago today, features Mr. Tambourine Man, as well as 2 other Dylan covers, My Back Pages and Positively Fourth Street, further demonstrating the influence the former Robert Zimmerman had on the band’s career.



7 comments:
great post speedy,love the byrds, have a couple of questions if you will be kind enough to indulge me, ive noticed many great byrds posts on your blog. Are there any shows out there with Gram Parsons, I know that he wasn't in the band for very long but he must have toured with them at least once or twice before McGuinn gave him the boot, also every now and then I go to guitars 101 to look for certain shows, I just tried downloading a Led Zep show from Dallas 1975 using file factory, once the downloading was complete I tried unzipping the file when a message appeared on the screen asking me to insert a disk containing something concerning the show. this happens every now and then with certain download attempts . does this mean that the file is invalid and why would it take almost an hour of downloading to find that out. I rarely have trouble unzipping files from your blog. I use winzip 15 which is an older version of winzip and im always getting adds popping up telling me to upgrade to 16 or now 17 but 15 still seems to work with most downloads, any help would be appreciated as im new at this and not a computer whiz just love music, Thanks so much
Thanks for the kind words. n regard to your questions:
1) the only Byrds show I know with Gram Parsons is from May 1968 in Rome. I believe I posted that a few years ago. if the link is dead let me know and I'll re-up it.
2) Sorry you had some issues with downloads. I recommend using Winrar to unzip the files. I test every file I upload and they all work before I post them. I'm not sure why you have encountered download issues - think that just may be the nature of the beast when using free file sharing systems - they occasionally don;t work right. let me know what led Zep show it was and I'll test the link.
Enjoy the tunz and please keep visiting.
thanks for the advise speedy , is WinRAR different than winzip . I actually paid for this winzip 15 a couple of years ago, at a local staples where I live, im always getting messages to upgrade to 16 or now 17, but the version I have works with most files, if you feel WinRAR is better then ill try to get it. Led Zep did two shows in Dallas in 1975,one on March 4th and one on the 5th , I have the one from the 5th but cant seem to download the first one from the previous day. tried downloading it from guitars 101 using filefactory. don't have problems with all downloads just every once in a while which is why I thought it might be an invalid file. just was curious why I it allowed me to download the file and then not allow me to unzip it
Winrar is different from winzip. I got Winrar on line for free years ago. That's what I use to zip and unzip all my files. I'll check on the Led Zep download and see if its working.
Thank you so much for your feedback, most of the other blogs don't respond at all which is why I consider your blog the best. Its not really that big a deal as I am still able to download a lot of great shows, would love the first Zep dallas show from 75 though. Don't know if it is one of your posts , think yours is the 2nd show from the 5th which I have,if you could post the one from the 4th that would be great. it is currently posted on guitars 101 and I used filefactory, it says it downloaded fine but wouldn't allow me to unzip, said I needed to insert a disk into c drive whatever that means. certain other downloads have told me the same thing always with filefactory. also wanted to tell you in case you didn't already know that BB chronicles said that hotfile was shut down by the feds and it was causing problems with some of his posts. didn't want this to affect you. don't know if you use hotfile or not
Thanks again for the kind words. I don't have the march 4 LEd Zep show - sorry. If I ever find it, I'll let you know. And i don't use hotfile, so no worries on my posts. Thanks again!
I guess I'm just having bad luck with you website. Most links are dead...
Post a Comment