Allman Brothers Band
1975-11-25
Jimmy Carter Benefit Concert
Providence Civic Center
Providence, RI
FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Geraldo Rivera intro > Jimmy Carter intro
02. Don't Want You No More >
03. It's Not My Cross To Bear
04. Long Time Gone
05. Midnight Rider
06. Ramblin' Man
07. Win, Lose Or Draw
08. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed
09. Can't Lose What You Never Had
10. One Way Out
11. High Falls
2nd Set:
01. Nevertheless
02. Done Somebody Wrong
03. Statesboro Blues
04. Jessica
05. Stormy Monday
06. You Don't Love Me
07. Les Brers In A Minor
Encore:
01. Whipping Post
1975: When Georgia governor Jimmy Catter hit the Presidential campaign trail in 1975, he had a unique ally - 35 year ofl president of Capricorn Records, Phil Walden. Walden got Capricorn roster od outher Rock bands to throw their support to Carter, as well. The Marshall Tucker Band played a concert in support of Carter at The Fox Theater in Atlanta, as did Elvin Bishop and Charlie Daniels. To drum up support for Carter in New England, where he was virtually unknown, Capricorn called out its biggest name, the one and only Allman Brothers Band. The Allmans played a benefit for carter in Rhode island, on August 25, 1975, 42 years ago this very day, as captured in this FM broadcast.



10 comments:
Wow, $6.50 to see the Allman Brothers great value, great enjoyment, for a few hours. Any of part of that went to put Carter in the White House great disappointment for the next few years. Great post Speedy.
The Accountant
Sooooo cool! The Allmans were instrumental in helping with President Carter's campaigns, and I really appreciate you sharing this so I can hear what one of the shows sounds like. Cheers!
Glad folks liked this one!
I have tried several times to download this one, only to have my connection time out before it finishes. Is there any help or advice you can offer? I had been really looking forward to hearibg this one. Thanks in advance.
I put up a new lik using zippyshare - see it this work better!
I got it, Speedy! Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much. I always wanted to hear this one.
Glad the new link worked! Enjoy!
hey speedy was wondering if you get a chance could you please re-up this one,thanks and hope you are well,stay safe
New link is up my good friend! All good here - hope the same for you!
thanks man, i'm fine but kinda more scared than i was last spring,here's hoping the best for us,peace stay safe
Post a Comment