Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

U2 - 1987-11-07 - Denver, CO (SBD)

U2
1987-11-07
McNichols Arena
Denver, CO
Soundboard Re3cording
256 kbps
Artwork Include

01. Tuning
02. Where the Streets Have No Name
03. I Will Follow
04. Trip Through Your Wires
05. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06. Gloria
07. MLK
08. The Unforgettable Fire
09. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Exit
11. In God's Country
12. Helter Skelter
13. Help
14. Bad
15. October
16. New Year's Day
17. Pride
18. Bullet the Blue Sky
19. Running To Stand Still
20. Silver & Gold
21. Spanish Eyes
22. With Or Without You
23. 40


1987:  This soundboard recording, from November 7, 1987, 3 decades ago this very day, goes back to the period after Live Aid, when U2 used their fifth studio album to scale new musical heights. U2 had achieved prominence with their 4th album, the Unforgettable Fire, and, as mentioned above, their appearance at Live Aid. With album #5, The Joshua Tree, however, the band became the biggest rock and roll act in the world. The Joshua Tree debuted on the Billboard charts at number seven then quickly climbed to the top spoT, where it remained for 9 consecutive weeks. The album spawned U2’s first two number one singles, With Or Without You and I Still haven’t Found What I’m Looking For. The band became only the 4th rock act to make the cover of Time Magazine, which proclaimed US as “Rock’s Hottest Ticket”. The Joshua Tree would win the Grammy Award for Album of The Year, while being hailed by critics as the band’s masterpiece. That opinion continues to this day. Rolling Stone, for example, in its 2005 list of the top 500 albums of all time, ranked the Joshua Tree at #27.

1 comments:

speedymjb said...

Sorry - I don't have 1987-11-08

Post a Comment