Jerry Garcia
with Merl Saunders
1973-11-05
The Keystone
Berkeley, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. It's No Use
02. Finders Keepers
03. It's Too Late
04. Money Honey
05. I Second That Emotion
06. La La
07. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
2nd Set:
01. The Harder They Come
02. (I'm A) Road Runner
03. Mystery Train
04. My Funny Valentine
1973-11-05
The Keystone
Berkeley, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. It's No Use
02. Finders Keepers
03. It's Too Late
04. Money Honey
05. I Second That Emotion
06. La La
07. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
2nd Set:
01. The Harder They Come
02. (I'm A) Road Runner
03. Mystery Train
04. My Funny Valentine
1973: From 1971 to 1975, Jerry Garcia, when not playing with the Grateful Dead Dead, often found himself collaborating with keyboardist Merle Saunders. Garcia and Saunders played over two-hundred and fifty shows together, mostly on the west coast. The two even released a live album together, entitled Live At The Keystone, featuring tracks from their concerts at that venue in Berkeley on July 10 and 11, 1973. This soundboard recording finds the duo at the same club, just 4 months earlier, on November 5, 1973, 44 years ago today. As always when Garcia and Saunders teamed up, unexpected song choices abounded, such as their cover of My Funny Valentine.



2 comments:
Thank you for this post. 73/74 Garcia shows are special. Hugh
Hugh -glad you enjoyed!
Post a Comment