Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
1989-09-13
Dean Smith Center
Chapel Hill, NC
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Bye Bye Johnny
02. The Damage
03. Breakdown
04. Free Fallin'
05. The Waiting
06. Benmont's Boogie
07. Don't Come Around Here
08. Southern Accents
09. Even The Losers
10. Listen To Her Heart
11. Face In The Crowd
12. Something Else
13. I Won't Back Down
14. I Need To Know
15. Refugee
16. Running Down A Dream
As mentioned earlier this month, Tom Petty appeared at the inaugural Farm Aid in 1985, backing Bob Dylan, whose appearance was clearly one of the highlights of that show. Dylan and Petty also returned the following year, apperaing via satellite from Buffalo while the festival took place in Texas. This soundboard recording captures Petty some 4 years after the first Farm Aid, in Chapel Hill on September 13, 1989, 27 years ago today



3 comments:
Pretty sure this is a mislabeled Tom Petty - 1990-05-18 - Wilmington, NC (aka Westwood One Superstar & “Southern Choice”)
According to the notes that came with this:
"Fairly certain this show is actually 9/13/89 from the Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, NC. There’s no record of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers playing anywhere in the Wilmington area in May of 1990. When I initially acquired this exceptional show, I was puzzled as to how the venue could be unknown for such as well-known artist, prompting me to do a little research. Thanks for your efforts and please keep sharing the great music.
Yes, I think the weight of evidence is for 9/13/1989, and all the others (Westwood, Southern Choice, etc.) are incorrectly labeled. Thanks.
Post a Comment