Bruce Hornsby
1993-09-04
Classic Amphitheater
Richmond, VA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. The Way It Is
02. Long Tall Cool One
03. China Doll
04. The Long Race
05. Every Little Kiss
06. Scarlet Begonias
07. Night on the Town >
08. Not Fade Away
09. The Tide Will Rise
10. I Can’t Make You Love Me
11. The Weight
12. Look Out Any Window
13. Rainbow’s Cadillac
14. Jacob’s Ladder
15. End of the Innocence
16. Road Not Taken >
17. Workin’ in a Coal Mine
18. Defenders of the Flag
19, Talk of the Town
20. Harbor Lights
21, Valley Road >
22. Across the River
23. Another Day >
24. It Takes A Lot to Laugh, A Train to Cry >
25. Another Day
26. Mandolin Rain >
27. Fields Of Gray
Bruce Hornsby - 1993-09-04 - Richmond VA (SBD)
Bruce Hornsby played at Farm Aid in 1990 and 1993. Our post today comes just a few months after that 2nd Farm Aid appearance, and has quite the story behind it!


1993-09-04
Classic Amphitheater
Richmond, VA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. The Way It Is
02. Long Tall Cool One
03. China Doll
04. The Long Race
05. Every Little Kiss
06. Scarlet Begonias
07. Night on the Town >
08. Not Fade Away
09. The Tide Will Rise
10. I Can’t Make You Love Me
11. The Weight
12. Look Out Any Window
13. Rainbow’s Cadillac
14. Jacob’s Ladder
15. End of the Innocence
16. Road Not Taken >
17. Workin’ in a Coal Mine
18. Defenders of the Flag
19, Talk of the Town
20. Harbor Lights
21, Valley Road >
22. Across the River
23. Another Day >
24. It Takes A Lot to Laugh, A Train to Cry >
25. Another Day
26. Mandolin Rain >
27. Fields Of Gray
Bruce Hornsby - 1993-09-04 - Richmond VA (SBD)
Bruce Hornsby played at Farm Aid in 1990 and 1993. Our post today comes just a few months after that 2nd Farm Aid appearance, and has quite the story behind it!
On Sunday, September 5, 1993, I took my lovely bride to see Bruce Hornsby for the first time. She loves piano, and became a huge fan. I had long enjoyed Hornsby’s music, especially after his stint as keyboardist for the Grateful Dead. The show was everything you could hope for – outdoors at the beautiful Garden State (today PNC Bank) Arts center in Holmdel on a perfect fall evening with Hornsby playing a wonderful mix of solo tunes, Grateful Dead classics, and cover songs. Incredibly, this show seems to have been erased from all memory but mine! If I didn’t have the program from that night, I wouldn’t be able to prove it happened. The website Bruuuce.com, which has an extensive list of Hornsby’s shows and set lists, does not list the September 5, 1993 performance. I actually emailed Bruce himself (you can do that on his website, which just shows you the kind of guy he is) and he responded, saying he remembered the gig but didn’t have the set list or the tapes from it. He must have felt bad for me, because he offered to autograph the program for me so I could give it to my wife as I gift. I was amazed by the offer, and even more so, when 2 weeks after I mailed that precious program to Bruce, an autographed copy came back in the mail. My bride has it proudly framed! In any event, while I may never find a set list or bootleg of that show, I do have this soundboard recording from the night before, September 4, 1993, 23 years ago today, from in Richmond VA. I listen to this one often as I’m sure the set list is very similar to the “phantom” show my bride and I attended and is probably the closest I'll get to reliving that night!



8 comments:
HI thanks for sharing all of this
Link is broken
regards jds
new links are up
File has expired. Could you repost? Thanks so much!
new link is up! enjoy!
Thank you very much for this. It sounds great.
Thanks Speedy!
Hope all is well with you and yours. :)
I realize you're quite busy. Please consider a re-up? THANKS!
new link is up - enjoy
Post a Comment