Bob Weir & John Cipollina
1982-12-21
Benefit for the Freedom Foundation
Uncle Charlie's
Corte Madeira, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. Messin' With The Kid
02. San Francisco
03. Bring It Up
04. Can't Judge A Book...
05. Some banter and tuning
06. Wang Dang Doodle
07. Poison Ivy
08. Big River
09. Minglewood blues
10. Promised Land (end of set)
2nd Set:
11. San Francisco Bay Blues *
12. Muleskinner Blues *
13. Don't Think Twice *
14. Battle Of New Orleans
15. Mona
16. Women Are Smarter
17. Show Me The Way?
18. The Dance > Mona > Drums > Mona
*Ramblin' Jack Elliot Solo
While I went to 50 Grateful Dead concerts, I've only seen Bob Weir solo once, in July 1992 at the Meadowlands Summer Fest. As mentioned earlier this month in our Bruce Cockburn post, that was concert arena set up in the parking lot at Giants Stadium. I saw John Cipollin sit in as a special guest with the Grateful Dead at Lafeyette College on May 7, 1979.
This soundboard recording captures Weir and Cipollina playing together at a Benefit for The Freedom Foundation on December 21, 1982, 43 years ago today.



3 comments:
I think the last song (listed as Unknown) is The Dance, which Barry Melton used to sing with Dinosaurs (amongst other bands)
The last song (listed as Unknown) would appear to be The Dance > Mona > Drum Solo > Mona
Thqnks - set list updated!
Post a Comment