Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, December 19, 2025

Paul McCartney - 2024-12-19 - London, UK (IEM)

Paul McCartney 
2024-12-19
The O2
London UK
IEM Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Introduction
02. A Hard Day's Night
03. Junior's Farm
04. Letting Go
05. Drive My Car
06. Got To Get You Into My Life
07. Come On To Me
08. Let Me Roll It
09. Getting Better
10. Let 'Em In
11. My Valentine
12. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
13. Maybe I'm Amazed
14. I've Just Seen A Face
15. In Spite Of All the Danger
16. Love Me Do
17. Dance Tonight
18. Blackbird
19. Here Today
 
CD 2:
01. Now And Then
02. Lady Madonna
03. Jet
04. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
05. Something
06. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
07. Band On The Run
08. Wonderful Christmastime* 
09. Macca talks about his stolen bass
10. Get Back**
11. Let It Be
12. Live and Let Die 
13. Hey Jude
 
CD 3:
01. I've Got a Feeling
02. Introduction of Ringo Starr
03. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)*** 
04. Helter Skelter 
05. Golden Slumbers
06. Carry That Weight
07. The End

* with The Capital Choir
** with Ronnie Wood
*** with Ringo Starr


I've seen Sir Paul 9 times, and the last 4, in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2022, I went with both my wife and my twin boys. We started that run back in June 2015, a Father's Day show in Philadelphia, which was also the first concert my boys ever went to! The set list that night included the tune Macca wrote for Destiny, one of my boy's favorite video games. We followed that up with an August 7, 2016 show at Giants Stadium on what what would have been my Dad's 83rd birthday had he not passed away in 2012. Sir Paul broke out Birthday that night, the first time I had ever heard him play that song live. Then on September 15, 2017, at Madison Square Garden on my Mom's 85th birthday, Paul entertained us as almost no other performer can, telling stories, paying tribute to lost friends and lovers, playing over 40 songs scanning almost 60 years of musical history. He played Jet, my boy's favorite McCartney tune, a song that had been missing from the 2 previous shows they attended.  And then, as I mentioned in my Springsteen post earlier this month, he brought Bruce and Miami Steve on stage for what turned out to be back to back renditions of I Saw her Standing There.  Most recently, just a few weeks ago on July 16, 2022, the 4 of us Saw Sir Paul at Met Life stadium, just 2 days before his 80th birthday!  Another 3 hour masterpiece, and another guest appearance by Springsteen, for 2 songs, his Glory days and The Beatles I Wanna Be Your Man, plus he sat in during the closing Abbey Road medley to add some blistering guitar work. The encore included a 2nd guest appearance, by a virtual John Lennon.  using footage from the Rooftop Concert, Paul and John did a virtual duet on I've Got A Feeling, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Given Sir Paul's age, I may never get to see him live again, but the memories, especially from the last 4 shows, will last forever. 

This soundboard recording captures Sir Paul in London on December 19, 2024, just 1 year ago today.  Macca had gone back out of the road in late 2024, bringing the Got Back tour to South America, where he had also played in 2023, and to Europe, his first shows on that continent since before the pandemic. This show brought the tour to end in grand fashion, with a performance of Wonderful Christmastime accompanied by The Capital Choir, a guest appearance by Ronnie Wood on Get Back, the reappearnce of his bass guitar that had been missing for 50 years, and finally, a reunion with his fellow surviving Beatle, Ringo Starr on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) and Helter Skelter! By the way, I included an audience recording of the show as well as it contains the soundcheck for the show, which was not part of the IEM recording.














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Speedy for this one and a years worth of tunes. Regards, Hugh

Anonymous said...

Superb ! great setlist !! Thanks a lot !!!

Gman said...

Thank you for this great recording. And what great musical memories with your family and PM! I've only seen Sir Paul twice; first with my wife in 2011 (much to the ire of my daughter), and then finally with my daughter in 2019.
I do have a similar experience as yours, but with Santana. I've seen him 10 times, 8 of which are since we moved to Las Vegas in 1990. I've seen Santana between 2010 and 2024, and I've never gone to one of his concerts with the same person twice. I've taken my son, my daughter, my wife and a collection of close friends and every time he and the band have been fantastic. I've also had a lesser run with Alice Cooper concerts, when I've separately brought my son and my daughter to see him and they loved the macabre show as much as I did.
Family and music create strong family bonds. Thank you and cheers to more great memories in the coming months!

speedymjb said...

Great stories my friend! Nothing like sharing your favorite music with the ones you love! Have a great holiday!

Jimbo said...

Woo Hoo! Classic concert.

Digam11 said...

Thanks very much for this show !!

Post a Comment